The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) The Maze Runner discussion

Dialogue

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sydney Fader In the maze runner very important dialogue is very rare in my opinion what do you guys think?

Sydney Fader When it does have important dialogue it is really important to the plot

message 3: by CoffeyQ (new) - added it

CoffeyQ I found a lot of important dialogue inside of The Maze Runner but only in certain parts of the book. One of the key points for the dialouge is when Alby gets bitten inside the Maze and changes from this big brute to this big coward that everybody used to either hate or adorn

message 4: by Josh smith (new)

Josh smith When it is important something bad is about to happen.

message 5: by Josh smith (last edited Dec 04, 2015 11:10AM) (new)

Josh smith Ryan wrote: "I found a lot of important dialogue inside of The Maze Runner but only in certain parts of the book. One of the key points for the dialouge is when Alby gets bitten inside the Maze and changes from this big brute to this big coward that everybody used to either hate or adorn"
Alby either turned into something they hate or loved

Sydney Fader In the first book, just the fact that they still called Thomas greeny when Teresa arrived was the only important dialogue that I can think of

message 7: by CoffeyQ (new) - added it

CoffeyQ The book is really repetitive in this term, as typically the book dies down a bit between Conflict but after you can tell if something is about to happen as the conflict gets more and more intense.

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Smith Adding on to Ryan when the conflict gets intense it is almost never internally.

Ryan I think the difference in dialogue between Teresa and Thomas and Teresa an all the other boy is really important. Also, the telepathic dialogue is important too.

Aaron Chu-Carroll The book is mostly defined by it's dialogue, as the entire book is about trust with others that Thomas doesn't know at all. They also have to team up with each other, but they can't get too close because the setting that they are in makes them never get too close, as they will be betrayed. The mistrust between Minho and Teresa was one of the highest points of the story, and two of my favorite characters in general.

Tucker Peterson I think there is a lot of dialogue in the maze runner, there some on like every page, not all of it is important but there still is a lot

message 12: by CoffeyQ (new) - added it

CoffeyQ An Internal Conflict AND a External Conflict that I found In The Maze Runner, was definitely when Alby became a coward, on the inside he was worried about what he was becoming and on the outsider everybody was wondering what was happening to their once great leader.

Tucker Peterson I dont really think that was a really good conflict in the book I thought it was just a moment.