Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

I have got the blues!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renee I loved this book. I am sad that the author will never write about Harry again. But, I did see an opening where she could continue to write about Harry. What does everyone else think?

message 2: by Mary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Mary Peace Oh i'd love that to happen. It'd be so good to find out more about the other characters' lives after the war too.
JK could always write more about Lilly and James' time too, or even about Dumbledore when he was younger. I've heard she has the history of the death eaters written in a notepad to refer to (was this on her site? i think so) but that'd be good too. These'd all be shorter than anything about Albus Severus i imagine though.

message 3: by Eli (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eli I love the thought that there would be more, but it'd be hard to keep the thrill of the early books in a series with Albus Severus. The path of the books is in part so appealing because we get to discover all the amazing Hogwarts stuff, and wandlore, and familial connection along with Harry. It's a pretty complete package. Without that discovery, I think it'd tun the risk of being just-another-adventure. I hope she continues to write, but I hope she quits while she's (WAY) ahead, and writes something completely different.

message 4: by Sharkface (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharkface Why would JK Rowling ever want to write about Hogwarts again? It's over, it's almost perfect...

message 5: by Admerialriker (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Admerialriker Another Story would be awesome!

Amrita She said on her website that she won't write about Harry anymore, bcause his story is done, but she might write something like an encyclopedia, where she'd say what happened to the other characters. She said it was a long way off, though, so don't get your hopes up!

Sella Malin I actually think that there is an opening not with any of harry's sons or daughters but with teddy lupin, tonks and lupins son. he is the next harry potter. both his parents have died for the cause of voldemort, and he could be part of a new prophecy... as for another "voldemort," maybe one of the death eaters will have/have had a son or daughter- preferably bellatrix and her husband; that would make a really good plot, a new series; the next harry. too bad j.k. rollings not going to write anything else like that... it would've been really good... *sigh*

Sella Malin also his father was a werewolf, which could make it so much more interesting.. it could even cause conflict... oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh....

message 9: by 412 (new) - rated it 3 stars

412 Well, i'd like to see JKR expanding her repertoire. The Potter Series is definitely her gold mine, but it does not have to limit her creativity. Perhaps she should make something in the Potterverse but not that closely related to Harry Potter... like how Elminster's tale would relate to Drizzt's tale in Forgotten Realms. Her "Tales of Beedle The Bard" is a good start.

Clare D' Lune I'd love to have more books about Hogwarts and everything, but I think that even if she did, it wouldn't have the charm of the other ones... even if it was about the new characters that she introduced at the end of the last book... I think she should write about something else, that would be really cool....
I REALLY hope she writes an encyclopedia for the other characters and what THEY did... I was really disappointed that she didn't tell what the rest of them did after the end...

Brooke i totally agree going with albus servius may get old, but still as long as it invoves harry somehow it should be cool. Maybe somebody new could stumble on the deathly hollow and unite them? a new plot, a new arch enemy, and this time draco malfoy on the good side.

Stacia hmmm, these are all really good ideas! i never thought that she could continue the story with Albus S.

my only problem would be that J.K may get bashed for writing another series and then it not being as good as the Harry Potter series. i think that some people could take the slightest mistake and turn it into some big thing about how this series is stupid and J.K just wants more fame.

ashley-megan ya i agree that there would be alot of peole getting mad at jk rowling for starting another series that wasnt as good as harry potter, which is sad because shes a good author. but it would be interesting if she did

message 14: by 412 (new) - rated it 3 stars

412 What Potterverse really need? World of Witchcraft (hint, hint). It'll open new market and generate more profit, as the proprietors of Harry Potter would like. And it surely would generate more profits to be catered to charity, if that is what JKR wants.

message 15: by 412 (new) - rated it 3 stars

412 What Potterverse really need? World of Witchcraft (hint, hint). It'll open new market and generate more profit, as the proprietors of Harry Potter would like. And it surely would generate more profits to be catered to charity, if that is what JKR wants.

Debbie who was that strange babytype creature struggling in the ethereal kings cross station when harry and dumbledore are talking? are ron and h.'s kids named after her parents?is james potter I fully realized for anyone, and why dont we know anytrhing about lily and james courtship. please answer any of these that are answerable or that you have thoughts on. ps where does moody's eye end up and how does it see through the invisibility cloak that time in book 4 when moody sees him, since as one of the deathly hallows, according to the story, noone should be able to see through the cloak? id rather have more books in the series because i have confidence in jk's amazing creativity.