John Robin's Epic Fantasy Syndicate discussion

Help spread word of this group > Templates for outreach

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 60 comments Mod
I'd like this to be a place where we might share any templates for outreach as we look at bringing more members on board. Some start-up templates I will provide is an email you can send out to any Inkshares epic fantasy authors you might know, as well as a reader update. See attached. Any other templates you want to provide will go here, i.e. custom tweets, custom FB messages, etc.

message 2: by John (new)

EMAIL TEMPLATE

[introduction],

Have you heard of the new syndicates on Inkshares? It's a great new model that lets readers with a common interest come together to support an Inkshares project as a group, rather than individually. I'm part of a syndicate called John Robin's Epic Fantasy Syndicate, where our common interest is a love for epic fantasy, and we're on a hunt for the next Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. Each month, we discuss the titles on Inkshares then we come to a decision which book we want to back.

Here is the link to the syndicate: https://www.inkshares.com/syndicates/...

Right now we're trying to connect with as many epic fantasy enthusiasts as possible. Since you're an author of epic fantasy, it would be great to have you on board. Syndicate members contribute $10 (ebook) or $20 (print book) monthly toward the book chosen by the syndicate. The larger our syndicate becomes, the stronger our vote. For example, if we have 250 members, then the vote of our syndicate on an Inkshares title will mean that book gets in Quill and we all will get to read it!

If you like this idea but don't want to commit financially, you can still support us by becoming an affiliate. We have a Goodreads group you can join where we discuss books on Inkshares, as well as ways to get the word out about our syndicate. You can join the group at any time, but there's numerous ways you can help us, and plus, it's just plain fun for epic fantasy enthusiasts to come together and chat about what we love!

Here's the link to the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Hope to see you there! If you have any questions just let me know.

[your name]

message 3: by John (last edited Dec 04, 2015 03:18PM) (new)

INKSHARES READER UPDATE TEMPLATE

[introduction],

Fans of epic fantasy, I want to let you know about an exciting new developing on Inkshares!

Introducing: syndicates. What are they? Simply put, syndicates are groups of readers with a common interest. Members contribute $10 (ebook) or $20 (print book) per month toward supporting one book chosen by the syndicate. The syndicate places a pre-order on a book that its members decide on through a discussion and voting process. The larger the syndicate, the more weight the vote carries. For example, a syndicate with 100 members pre-ordering a book would equate to 100 pre-orders on that book.

It's such a cool idea and several authors on Inkshares are creating their own syndicates. Since I write epic fantasy I decided to join a cool syndicate started by our own John Robin, called John Robin's Epic Fantasy Syndicate. John started this syndicate to bring together epic fantasy enthusiasts with a love for epic fantasy. Each month, we will look through Inkshares titles and hunt for the next Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings.

We really would like to get as many epic fantasy lovers on board as possible so that our syndicate can support more epic fantasy books with promise.

Here is the link to the syndicate: https://www.inkshares.com/syndicates/...

If you like this idea but don't want to commit financially, you can still support us by becoming an affiliate. We have a Goodreads group you can join where we discuss books on Inkshares, as well as ways to get the word out about our syndicate. You can join the syndicate at any time, but there's numerous ways you can help us, and plus, it's just plain fun for epic fantasy enthusiasts to come together and chat about what we love!

Here's the link to the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Hope to see you there! If you have any questions just let me know.

[your name]