Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Dialogue

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (last edited Dec 04, 2015 09:13AM) (new) - added it

Nick “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up” This quote show how Tris is brave and never gives up. This is told in a confident tone meaning that nothing should stop you not even fear.

message 2: by Nick (last edited Dec 04, 2015 09:09AM) (new) - added it

Nick “Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” This quote shows that fear doesn't leave you just have to control how you use fear. The tone of this quote is told in a very serious way.

message 3: by Nick (last edited Dec 04, 2015 09:09AM) (new) - added it

Nick “My name is Four,” I say. “Call me ‘Stiff’ again and you and I will have a problem.” This quote shows that she is being furious because of her angry and controlling tone. This shows that she doesn't joke around and she is very serious.

message 4: by Nick (last edited Dec 04, 2015 09:11AM) (new) - added it

Nick “If you are really one of us, it won't matter to you that you might fail. And if it does, you are a coward.” The way four says this really makes me feel that he doesn't believe in trying. This quote's is told in a very controlling way meaning that if you don't complete your task you have failed.

message 5: by Nick (last edited Dec 04, 2015 09:13AM) (new) - added it

Nick “One choice can transform you. One choice can destroy you. Once choice will define you.” This quote shows that everybody has a meaning in life but you just need to find what it can be. This quote is told in a very serious way saying that you make sure don't make the wrong decisions in life.

message 6: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick "Resisting is worth doing.” This quote shows that you should never back out and always accomplish your goal. This quote is told in a determined way saying that you should do what is needed in your life.

message 7: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick “What makes you different makes you dangerous” This quote show that if you want to change, you have to make sure that is the right change. This quote is told in a serious way because if you make the wrong decision you change your life.

message 8: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick “Everything has changed and it won't stop changing anytime soon." This quote means that life goes on and it will never stop. The tone of this quote is a determined way saying that if something bad happens you fight it of an wait for the next challenge.

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam I agree with everything you are saying. Without the dialogue, there is no conflict.