Lincoln Parish Library discussion

Reading Challenges > December 2015 Reading Challenge: Treat Yo'self!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 04, 2015 08:46AM) (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments No matter what you celebrate November and December can be busy and sometimes stressful months! So this month, let's revisit an old favorite with a re-read. Whatever title you sticks out in your mind is one to revisit this month. I find a reread can be quite rejuvenating for my reading life from time to time.

Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey
I've been revisiting the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey, a series that I started reading in high school and absolutely loved. I'll be letting myself get swept back up in the romance, adventure, and politics Kushiel's Dart the first one in the series (available as an audio from Hoopla).

Let me know what you're revisiting and I may just have to add it my own list!

message 2: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy (saiecrackers) | 5 comments Mod
During the holidays I often watch several adaptations of 'A Christmas Carol' and I was just thinking that it had been a while since I've reacquainted myself with the original text. (I am quite a fan of all things Dickensian.) Thanks to your challenge, I downloaded a fine audio version on Hoopla narrated by Simon Pebble. It's delightful. And, as long as Santa comes though for me, I hope to be enjoying the new lavishly illustrated version of 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' later this month!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Jeremy wrote: "During the holidays I often watch several adaptations of 'A Christmas Carol' and I was just thinking that it had been a while since I've reacquainted myself with the original text. (I am quite a fa..."

The Harry Potter series is next on my re-read list; it has been way too long!