Black Coffee discussion

Archives > Did anyone watch The Wiz last night?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3907 comments Mod
Did any of you watch the wiz last night. If so what did you think?

I thought the cast did wonderful. Who would have known David Allen Grier would play the lion so well. And Neyo was a great tin man. Scarecrow being my favorite character, I didn't think I'd like Neyo playing the role but he did an awesome job. Oh and the lady who played Dorothy had to grow on me. But once she did I thought she did an awesome job. I love how they made it their own but still stayed true to the original.

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I couldn't see The Wiz Live because I had to get up very early this morning for work. Fortunately, it's airing again on December 19. I can see The Wiz Recorded.

message 3: by Carey (new)

Carey Anderson (careythewriter) | 2051 comments Watching it now

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 138 comments It was on TV?

message 5: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments Andrea wrote: "It was on TV?"

Yes, Andrea it was on NBC. It's the latest in their musicals presented live. They've done The Sound of Music and Peter Pan. I liked Peter Pan, but it apparently didn't do very well in the ratings. They're hoping that The Wiz will be a good deal more popular. I'm looking forward to it.

message 6: by Londa (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments My son & I watched and re-watched it obsessively for about 3 weeks...singing the songs at random, etc LOL. Needless to say.... We Loved it! Funny you said that about Dorothy kisha... I was slow to warm up to her too, but now I love her.

I bought the movie version with Diana and Michael on DVD so he could see it, and he had the nerve to say that he liked the 2015 version better. LOL

Fair enough... I think most people prefer whatever version they experience first... be it this or any other production.

message 7: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3907 comments Mod
Lol Londa, my kids didn't like any production lol. I don't know what's wrong with these kids today. My son said they sing too much, my daughter who loves musicals like myself didn't even like it. I love the original and I thought they play was awesome. These kids don't like anything that isn't animated lol

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments kisha wrote: "Lol Londa, my kids didn't like any production lol. I don't know what's wrong with these kids today. My son said they sing too much, my daughter who loves musicals like myself didn't even like it. I..."

I haven't seen this musical but I will say that I used to hate musicals in general and anything that wasn't animated.

I have definitely changed, there is hope xD

message 9: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2489 comments Mod
Watching it now...finally. Lol

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberjoy88) | 10 comments I watched it and enjoyed it so much I bought the soundtrack. I thought everyone played their part and it was a fun and modern adaptation. I chuckle every time I think of the tinman dabbing and the scarecrow doing the stanky leg.