All the Books! discussion

November 9
This topic is about November 9
15 views
Archive - Past Group Reads > November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.


Start Date: December 1st, 2015


message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
So I've placed this one on hold! There's 9 people ahead of me so I may just say screw it and buy an audible copy haha


Brie | 568 comments I'm still waiting too Sara!


Brandy | 2535 comments I said screw it and bought it. I'll start soon.


message 5: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
haha I'm going to too, now that its half off on audible. I'll start today.


Brandy | 2535 comments I just started it on my drive into work.


message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Bought! Starting now.


Brandy | 2535 comments Yay! I am on Chapter 5
(view spoiler)


message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Just finished chapter 1 - (view spoiler)


Brandy | 2535 comments Sara wrote: "Just finished chapter 1 - [spoilers removed]"

that is too mild of description.


Brandy | 2535 comments I am on the 4th November 9th. (view spoiler)


message 12: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments Brandy wrote: "Sara wrote: "Just finished chapter 1 - [spoilers removed]"

that is too mild of description."


I love this comment! I'm dying to read the spoiler, but I will not! Still waiting on my copy.


Brandy | 2535 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)


message 14: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
So I kept forgetting to post this quote because it made me laugh so hard (mostly because I just had a conversation with someone at work and they hate this word)... Sometime during chapter 3 Ben says (view spoiler)


Brandy | 2535 comments Sara wrote: "So I kept forgetting to post this quote because it made me laugh so hard (mostly because I just had a conversation with someone at work and they hate this word)... Sometime during chapter 3 Ben say..."

(view spoiler)
That made me laugh too.


message 16: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
So I've been busy but I made it to chapter 9 I believe... (view spoiler)


message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "Yay! I am on Chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"


Someone just told me I need to watch it! I was telling them the plot of this one and that's the first thing they thought of. I've never seen it.


message 18: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Chapter 16 (view spoiler)


message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Oh wait, I got my answer... so mad!


Brandy | 2535 comments lol well this book is infuriating at times. but I really liked the book. I completely get Fallon's reaction.


message 21: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments I was able to start this last night. So far, Ben cracks me up. He's just what Fallon needs right now to help her get over her insecurities. (view spoiler)


Brandy | 2535 comments Brie wrote: "I was able to start this last night. So far, Ben cracks me up. He's just what Fallon needs right now to help her get over her insecurities. [spoilers removed]"

I kinda like that it wasn't marked by chapters but November 9th year by year. I think it is a story about the right people entering your life at the right moments.


message 23: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments Brandy wrote: "Brie wrote: "I was able to start this last night. So far, Ben cracks me up. He's just what Fallon needs right now to help her get over her insecurities. [spoilers removed]"

I kinda like that it wa..."


I like that it's Nov 9 year by year too because there is no filler in between so you don't know what happened to each of them for that year until you read it. I also like how even though it changes from Ben to Fallon during each chapter, they follow each other from moment to the moment, I don't have to relive the same moments through each of them - it just continues on. I have to say I am enjoying this book a lot more than I thought I would! I am not a romancey kinda girl lol. I also am at the part that probably infuriated Brandy..


message 24: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments This was a good read, even though it's not my first choice of genre to read. Another very intense, emotional roller coaster.


Brandy | 2535 comments Wasn't my first choice either but I really did like it.
Lol you knew where I got mad.


message 26: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments Brandy wrote: "Wasn't my first choice either but I really did like it.
Lol you knew where I got mad."


For real! I was like, WTF just happened!? I think I may have said it out loud like the book was going to respond lol..


Brandy | 2535 comments Brie wrote: "Brandy wrote: "Wasn't my first choice either but I really did like it.
Lol you knew where I got mad."

For real! I was like, WTF just happened!? I think I may have said it out loud like the book w..."


lol, I yell at books too. Glad I am not alone


back to top