2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Read-a-thons > Third Read-a-Thon - Holiday Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 403 comments Mod
Let’s do another book cover scavenger hunt! This time, find a book cover to represent some major holidays in your country. Since we have such a diverse group… this is a great opportunity to see things from another angle! Good luck.

message 2: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (last edited Dec 04, 2015 04:49AM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 403 comments Mod
My favorite holidays are New Year's Eve, 4th of July (Independence Day), Halloween, and Christmas.

Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler America (The Book) A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction by Jon Stewart Sugar Skulls by Lisa Mantchev Far from You by Tess Sharpe

I love New Year's Eve because it is a holiday about starting anew.

I love 4th of July because, most of the time, I love my country and I'm proud to be part of it. Plus, uhm, fireworks and funnel cakes!

Even though I don't enjoy being scared, I love Halloween because I love dressing up in costume and the idea that for one day you can be whoever you want to be.

I love Christmas because it's more than a holiday. It is infectious. It takes hold of you. It's merry and bright and spirited. If you're doing it right, it reminds you of all the best parts of humanity.

message 3: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy, #1) by Lauren Conrad , Leprechaun in Late Winter (Magic Tree House, #43) by Mary Pope Osborne , 26.2 Miles to Boston A Journey into the Heart of the Boston Marathon by Michael Connelly , The World Without You by Joshua Henkin , The Pilo Family Circus by Will Elliott , Redeployment by Phil Klay , Run, Turkey, Run! by Diane Mayr , The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore , Inside New York 2013 by Melissa Kravitz

Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Marathon Day, Fourth of July, Halloween, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years

I went a little crazy with this one :p

I live in Boston so St. Patrick's Day is a big holiday, with a major parade and no work/school the following day. The marathon is also a major event, with the city essentially shutting down for the day. I also couldn't leave out Veteran's Day since my fiance was in the military for the first four years of our relationship. So my heart is always with our military. I think the others are self-explanatory :)