Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

It's All Fun & Games > Last letter, First letter story writing

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Dec 04, 2015 02:10AM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14448 comments Mod
For those who enjoy our "Last letter, first letter" game, here is an extension of that...

Using the words given in the "Last letter, first letter" game thread, write 1-3 sentences of a story.
The next person then continues the story with 1-3 sentences using the next word in that thread. Please post the message # your word is from and the next word so the next person knows what words we are up to.

Example:

Start with the first word from the thread which is sentence

Monica posts:
"Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decidfe on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden..."
Next word: message 3 ELEPHANT

Amelia posts:
Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decide on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden
"Ellie the Elephant came on the TV at very high volume. Can someone turn that thing off? He yelled...."
Next word: message 4 TIMELESS

message 2: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (mudmule99) Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decide on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden
"Ellie the Elephant came on the TV at very high volume. Can someone turn that thing off? He yelled. Dinner is not timeless and it's getting cold. Everyone finally sat down at the table.
Ellie said "Please pass the..."
Next word: message 5 SPAGHETTI

message 3: by Kat (last edited Dec 04, 2015 02:55AM) (new)

Kat | 1198 comments Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decide on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden
"Ellie the Elephant came on the TV at very high volume. Can someone turn that thing off? He yelled. Dinner is not timeless and it's getting cold. Everyone finally sat down at the table.
Ellie said "Please pass the salt; I need some on my chicken." Hugh reached over and passed the salt to Ellie, then tucked into his now cold spaghetti.
They had almost finished when...
Next word: message 6 INTERIOR

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

so to link, you just click on the date/time stamp on the left of the message and "copy"
so message 6 is https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decide on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden
Ellie said "Please pass the salt; I need some on my chicken." Hugh reached over and passed the salt to Ellie, then tucked into his now cold spaghetti.
They had almost finished when their neighbour, Claudine, an interior designer rang the doorbell. "Daaarlings"..she yelled..."I'm afraid I really need your help!". Hugh sighed and made his way to the door...

Next word: message 6 RETINA

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1198 comments Thanks Karen! But, uh, how do you link it so that "message 6" is what it's called? I'm really bad at this kind of stuff :/
I looked at the html thing but am confused.

message 7: by Mercedes (last edited Dec 04, 2015 03:00AM) (new)

Mercedes (mudmule99) Hugh was sitting by his window tapping his pencil impatiently. He just couldn't decide on the next sentence to write. When all of a sudden
They had almost finished when their neighbour, Claudine, an interior designer rang the doorbell. "Daaarlings"..she yelled..."I'm afraid I really need your help!". Hugh sighed and made his way to the door. It was snowing outside again. He needed something just fun to do. Maybe he could make a snow ANGEL. That would sure loosen him up. But what if...

Next word: message 7 LICK

message 8: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (mudmule99) Karen wrote: "so to link, you just click on the date/time stamp on the left of the message and "copy"
so message 6 is https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

I think I got this now. Never done the HTML before. Learn something new every day

message 9: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Try this MB for an explanation:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It's hard to explain by typing as if I type the code it won't show as text ;)

message 10: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Yep, we learn all sorts of things from Goodreads!! ;)

message 11: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (mudmule99) That was perfect! I made a copy so I can refer back to that. Thanks!

message 12: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

we missed RETINA, so I'll use that word instead

They had almost finished when their neighbour, Claudine, an interior designer rang the doorbell. "Daaarlings"..she yelled..."I'm afraid I really need your help!". Hugh sighed and made his way to the door. It was snowing outside again. He needed something just fun to do. Maybe he could make a snow ANGEL. That would sure loosen him up. But what if...the retina scanner wasn't working and so he couldn't get outside? So that was what was troubling Claudine! "Can you have a look at it for me?" she pleaded...
Next word: LICK