You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Kerri's wanderings

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerri (last edited May 24, 2016 12:35AM) (new)

Kerri Shortlist of sites and books

Europe

France
a. Decorated Cave of Pont d’Arc, known as Grotte Chauvet-Pont d’Arc, Ardèche
✔- Read a book set in France All the Light We Cannot See
- Read a book about painting A Little Life
✔- Take Home Item: - Piece of Charcoal: Read a book with a dark grey or black cover (70%)My Sunshine Away
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr , A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara My Sunshine Away by M.O. Walsh

Poland:
a. Auschwitz Birkenau
- Read a book set in Poland 22 Britannia Road
✔- Read a book about WWII where Auschwitz is either the setting, the destination, or the threat. Schindler's List
✔- Take Home Item – Prayer Shawl: Read a book with a devout character I am Forbidden
22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally I am Forbidden by Anouk Markovits

United Kingdom (Britain, North Ireland & Scotland):
b. Giant's Causeway and Causeway Coast
✔-- Read a book set in North Ireland or Ireland Trinity
✔- Read a book with a giant in it. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
✔- Take Home Item – Emerald: Read a book with a predominant green cover (70%) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Trinity by Leon Uris Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling

message 2: by Kerri (last edited Apr 01, 2016 01:06AM) (new)

Kerri Asia

China
b. The Great Wall
- Read a book set in China The Vagrantsor Red Lotus
✔- Read a book in which there is an army. The American Granddaughter
✔- Take Home Item – Brick: Because the Great Wall is colossal and made of bricks, read a chunkster that is more than 500 pages. 11/22/63

The Vagrants by Yiyun Li or Red Lotus by Pai Kit Fai The American Granddaughter by Inaam Kachachi 11/22/63 by Stephen King

India
a. Taj Mahal
- Read a book set in India Shantaram
✔- Read a book about a great love The Persimmon Tree
✔ - Take Home Item – White Marble: Read a book with a predominantly white cover (70%) and with minimal black on it. The Likeness
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts The Persimmon Tree (The Persimmon Tree, #1) by Bryce Courtenay The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French

b. Mountain Railways of India
- Read a book set in India The Vine Of Desire
- Read a book either published between 1800-1899 or set in the time period Sarah Canary
- Take Home Item – Train Model: Read a book set on a train, or with the word “train” in the title The Girl from the Train
The Vine Of Desire (Anju and Sudha, #2) by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Sarah Canary by Karen Joy Fowler The Girl from the Train by Irma Joubert

message 3: by Kerri (last edited Dec 06, 2015 10:33PM) (new)

Kerri reserved

message 4: by Kerri (last edited Dec 06, 2015 10:33PM) (new)

Kerri reserved