Children's Books discussion

Opportunities For Authors > Calling all holiday book authors!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 69 comments In the holiday spirit, I have decided to feature a different book each day until Christmas in my author blog. If any of you have written a holiday book featuring a December holiday, please let me know down bellow and include some general info if you would like your book to be featured. I only have room for 22 books left, so please respond quick! :)

message 2: by Victoria (last edited Dec 03, 2015 09:15PM) (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 769 comments Mod
I have three holiday themed books, all of which are available as both eBooks and paperbacks.

Kero celebrates Christmas is the sixth book in my Kero's World series, and is a book about a little dog (a West Highland White Terrier) celebrating Christmas, and trying to stay awake long enough to spot this mysterious Santa Paws the humans have said would be coming.

A Very Degu Christmas is the second book in my Degu Days Duo series, and is a similar sort of story, only with a group of four degus instead.

The Forgotten Angel is a stand-alone story, which tells the story of a Christmas angel ornament who falls out of the box of decorations when it's being taken out of the attic, so sets off to find the Christmas tree and put herself in her rightful place on top of it.

I'd love to have any of them featured. Well, all would be grate, but if you don't have the available spaces, or if doing all three of mine stops you doing a book for someone else, then just one is fine.

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Blackwood (ellieblackwood) The seventh book in my series, Super Sporty 7: The Fight Before Christmas, is set during the holidays, with the climax occurring on Christmas day. It would be really great if you could feature it :)

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 69 comments Victoria wrote: "I have three holiday themed books, all of which are available as both eBooks and paperbacks.

Kero celebrates Christmas is the sixth book in my Kero's World series, and is a book about a little dog..."

Those sound like wonderful books Victoria! However, I should probably only choose one though to save room for some others and a few classics which I had in mind. I have decided to review......The Forgotten Angel! I think that it sounds like a very entertaining story :)

a

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 69 comments Ellie wrote: "The seventh book in my series, Super Sporty 7: The Fight Before Christmas, is set during the holidays, with the climax occurring on Christmas day. It would be really great if you co..."

Hi Ellie! The Fight Before Christmas seems great. However, I was wondering, does the plot really capture the true meaning of Christmas or have a lot to do with the holiday spirit, or are the holidays just a backdrop to a story about some friends or a family?

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Madeline wrote: "Those sound like wonderful books Victoria! However, I should probably only choose one though to save room for some others and a few classics which I had in mind. I have decided to review......The Forgotten Angel! I think that it sounds like a very entertaining story :)"

I expected as much, but figured I'd list all three anyway. Also... Good choice. :)

Let me know what you need from me before you can feature the book, and I'll get it to you as quickly as possible.

message 7: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 69 comments I need nothing more than the name of the book, and I already have that! :)

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Madeline wrote: "I need nothing more than the name of the book, and I already have that! :)"

Fair enough! :)

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Blackwood (ellieblackwood) Madeline wrote: "Ellie wrote: "The seventh book in my series, Super Sporty 7: The Fight Before Christmas, is set during the holidays, with the climax occurring on Christmas day. It would be really g..."

I think the Christmas thing is more of a setting, to be honest. The reason for this is that the Super Sporty series has an overarching theme of friendship and teamwork, so I had to stay true to that. Unlike the other Super Sporty books, though, Super Sporty 7 does put a heavy emphasis on family.

If that makes you reluctant to post about it, that's totally fine :)

message 10: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 69 comments Thank you for your honesty, Ellie! It takes a good person to do that. Sadly, I am unsure that the books fits my needs at this time, but if I don't find enough books, I will be sure to post yours :)

message 11: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Blackwood (ellieblackwood) Madeline wrote: "Thank you for your honesty, Ellie! It takes a good person to do that. Sadly, I am unsure that the books fits my needs at this time, but if I don't find enough books, I will be sure to post yours :)"

Okay. Thanks!