Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Book Recommendations > Modern & Diverse

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camila (new)

Camila (camiquinta) | 38 comments i dont know about the high school part but i loved this book The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton its magical realism YA i truly loved it, also anything by Laini Taylor .
if not im still commenting to see what other good choices they give you! :)

message 2: by Rogelio (new)

Rogelio Abelard (RogelioA) | 1 comments Have you tried The Mark of Noba (The Sterling Wayfairer Series, #1) by G.L. Tomas it too has a colorful cast of characters. There's actually a r4r going on at We Heart YA books here ---> https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

You can requestt from the authors to read it for free.

message 3: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabel_author) | 2 comments Hi! You might want to try a YA contemporary novel called Before Life Happened ;)

message 4: by Camila (new)

Camila (camiquinta) | 38 comments Rogelio wrote: "Have you tried The Mark of Noba (The Sterling Wayfairer Series, #1) by G.L. Tomas it too has a colorful cast of characters. There's actually a r4r going on at We Heart YA books here ---> https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/17..."

this was helpful even for me haha thanks for the link

message 5: by Camila (new)

Camila (camiquinta) | 38 comments first welcome kit! second i almost forgot about this book!! Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley it is about the integration of "white" and "black" schools back in the day in the US. later i read an interview with the author who said all the things that happened to the characters in the book were a compilation of actual things that happened to african americans during the time of school integrations. i really enjoyed this book

message 6: by Joan (new)

Joan Walker | 5 comments The best non-traditional YA book I've read is Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman. It's actually a memoir that follows the author from a neglected kid to a troubled teen, and then into a depressed young adult who felt trapped in an abusive relationship. Her journey is insane, but the ending renewed my faith in God.