The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2015 > 25.15 - Jamie NY's task: Winter Challenge Goals!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Dec 07, 2015 06:58AM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
25.15 - Jamie NY's task: Winter Challenge Goals!

At the start of each Seasonal Reading Challenge I make a big list of the books that I want to read. For this year's Winter Challenge my list includes a lot of books from series that I've started but not finished. My other goal is to read some of the books that were nominated or won the Goodreads' Best Books of 2015. Hopefully there are others in this Challenge who have similar goals because I designed my task around them!

This is a TWO book task. Read one book 1 and one book 2.

First roll Two Dice. If you roll doubles, keep rolling until you get two different numbers.

Use the numbers you roll to do the following.

Book 1: Read a book in a series. The position in the series is determined by your dice roll. So if you rolled a 2 and a 4, you may read either #2 or #4 in any series. It must be identified on Goodreads as that # in the series.

Book 2: Using whichever number you did not use for book 1, read a Goodread's Best Book of 2015 nominee or winner as determined by the numbers below. If, for example, in the situation above, you chose to read book #2 in a series, you would read a Goodread's Award nominee or winner that corresponds with #4, or Romance.

1. Non Fiction
2. Memoir & Autobiography
3. History & Biography
4. Romance
5. Fiction
6. Mystery/Thriller

Required: State the numbers you rolled when you post.

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 468 comments Hold

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 468 comments Hold

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments ohhh nice task!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 684 comments Love it! We definitely have similar goals at the start of a new challenge season :)

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1792 comments How do you want to handle doubles? Should I roll again or just use that number twice? (I.e. I rolled four and four so this would be book #4 in a series and romance.)

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 468 comments Julia wrote: "How do you want to handle doubles? Should I roll again or just use that number twice? (I.e. I rolled four and four so this would be book #4 in a series and romance.)"

Kristina is going to change the wording to add that you should re-roll until you get two different numbers.

Thanks for asking, didn't think of that!