What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Thriller/Mystery book series set in a university. In one, a girl cheats on an exam and someone blackmails her? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm looking for a series of books that were set in a university. They were thriller/suspense type books. I remember that there was a girl who stole an exam paper in order to cheat on her exam, but some mysterious person finds out and starts blackmailing her. There was also an abusive/stalker boyfriend, a girl who cut her roommates hair off while she was asleep, and a dangerous person/monster on campus who keeps attacking students who walk alone at night.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34407 comments Mod
Sandra, around what year did you read this series?

What's the location - U.S./England/etc., big city/small town?

Do the same characters and universities appear throughout the series?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe it was located in the U.S. I read the books sometime around 2005, but I had gotten the books secondhand from someone. I remember a small but thick paperback book that had a cut-out or a pop-out window in the cover. I feel like the title must have had "university" or "college" or something like that in it but I tried searching for that and couldn't find it. The search came up with Sweet Valley University thriller series, but I went through the descriptions of each one and it wasn't what I was looking for.

I believe that the books took place in the same university throughout the series but each book focused on a new character.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I just found it! It was on the Goodreads list of young adult series published in the 80s and 90s. It's a book series called "Nightmare Hall".

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34407 comments Mod
Congrats! Here is the series link - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4995... by Diane Hoh

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diane Hoh (other topics)