Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > Virtual events: Facebook book fair

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) I'm thinking of setting up a virtual book fair on facebook to promote indie books for Christmas gifts. Has anyone done anything similar? Should I do an event or a group? Should I allow any author that wants to promote their book as well or should I filter them? (Like- at least five five star reviews?)

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments I've held two events. and they faired okay. I would say they work better when you plan It a few months ahead to build interest and get people to attend or if you have loyal followers, friends and can get a lot of people to attend in such a short period of time then go for it.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) That makes sense. I think I need to "attend" some virtual book events and see how they pan out!

message 4: by Rodney (new)

Rodney Hall | 1 comments I think it's a good idea as everyone could use the exposure that they might not get without something like this. But, like Justin said, it may be a little late to get a big crowd on such short notice. I think you could have a virtual book fair any time of the year; just pick a holiday or occasion. I think it would be a good idea to do some filtering in regards to who you allow to participate. Using the "at least five, five star reviews," would be a good place to start. And I'm saying that with not enough reviews for me to qualify at the moment. It's important though. You want quality if you look to do more of these in the future.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Abbie wrote: "That makes sense. I think I need to "attend" some virtual book events and see how they pan out!"

Here's an upcoming event by indie authors if you want to see how they're putting it together:
https://m.facebook.com/events/1499635...