YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Echoes (The Echoverse, #1)
This topic is about Echoes
9 views
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Echoes (Echoes #1) by Therin Knite -- Starting December 3rd, 2015

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Washington
District of Columbia
United Republic of Earth
2712

_____

Twenty-three-year-old Adem Adamend has it rough. His name is ludicrous. His friends are few. And the only thing his "kid genius" status has gotten him at the Interdistrict Bureau of Intelligence is a boatload of extra work with no credit in sight.

Then hotshot lawyer Victor Manson is burned to death in his own back yard, and Adem finds himself using his unique skills to piece together the strangest crime he's ever seen. Strange because the only possible suspect Adem can pin the murder on...is a mythical beast. A dragon.

Before Adem can unravel the mystery of Manson's death, the Bureau loses jurisdiction to the secretive EDPA, an organization that investigates weird and deadly events. But Adem isn't one for giving up, so he takes it upon himself to delve deeper into EDPA's machinations, into the series of unfortunate events that led to Manson's demise.

And what he finds may change the way he views the world -- and himself -- forever.

_____

What do you do when a killer can hide behind his dreams?

What do you do when a murder weapon ceases to exist?

And how do you stop a villain who can conjure up nightmares and burn you from the Earth in the blink of an eye?

Adem Adamend is about to find out.


Feel free to join Natasha and I for this read!


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments (view spoiler)


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments (view spoiler)


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments So, studying for finals gave me a hiccup but I'm on chapter four now. I love this book so far! I love Adem and his arrogant attitude! Jin is like the complete opposite and that's what makes the friendship work to me. I kinda agree with you when you say he may be a villain. im actually 50/50 on that because maybe he's the John to his Sherlock. Adems reading people gave me sherlokian vibes and I thought of Briggs as the detective Sherlock helps. so far so good love the writing and characters so far.


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Natasha wrote: "So, studying for finals gave me a hiccup but I'm on chapter four now. I love this book so far! I love Adem and his arrogant attitude! Jin is like the complete opposite and that's what makes the fri..."

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you on this! How's it coming along?


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Natasha wrote: "So, studying for finals gave me a hiccup but I'm on chapter four now. I love this book so far! I love Adem and his arrogant attitude! Jin is like the complete opposite and that's wh..."

It's okay. So far so good! I'm on about chapter seven. A bit slow... I know, but I'm taking one final today and another next Monday so as of now, I'm pretty okay and able to read a bit.
Other than that, OMG. I love this book. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I love the entire premise of this and to be honest I am going to compare this book to Sherlock and Inception! Being able to murder someone in a dream and reading people! Dynara is his Irene Adler! This damn book is giving me the feels! And I am slowly starting to agree with you. I don't want to believe it but I do think Jin could be behind this entire thing. I really hope not!


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Natasha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Natasha wrote: "So, studying for finals gave me a hiccup but I'm on chapter four now. I love this book so far! I love Adem and his arrogant attitude! Jin is like the complete oppo..."

YAY I'm so so glad you're enjoying it! Let me know when you catch up so I can keep reading! Also, good luck on your finals, I'm sure you'll do awesome! :D


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments thanks! I hope so too! and no problem! how far are you? like page wise because I'm on 71 (not that far, I know) but after noon tomorrow I'll be attempting to read as much as possible!

Great choice!


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Natasha wrote: "thanks! I hope so too! and no problem! how far are you? like page wise because I'm on 71 (not that far, I know) but after noon tomorrow I'll be attempting to read as much as possible!

Great choice!"


Um. I'm not sure what page I'm on as I received an ARC version, but I'm 53% of the way through. :D


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments I'm officially 49% in! I'm totally shipping Adem & Dynara omg!!!

he called her the God of war *swoons*!

what do you think so far?


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Natasha wrote: "I'm officially 49% in! I'm totally shipping Adem & Dynara omg!!!

he called her the God of war *swoons*!

what do you think so far?"


YAYAYAY this means I can continue reading tomorrow or Thursday when I'm off! SO excited!

I love the relationship Adem and Dynara are flitting around--Adem's so awkward and just like... Spits everything he thinks out of his mouth without feeling self conscious. He's one of my favorite characters of all time haha.

I also LOOOOVE how unique the read is--Therin Knite is such a creative and awesome story teller, I've realized. She never does quite what you expect, and I love her for that.


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Natasha wrote: "I'm officially 49% in! I'm totally shipping Adem & Dynara omg!!!

he called her the God of war *swoons*!

what do you think so far?"

YAYAYAY this means I can continue reading tomor..."



yes! because once I'm officially awake I'm going to be binge reading the HELL out of this! I have a dentist appointment and not only have a wait time for the doctor, but also walk to the dentist so I have a lot of down time to read. I'm so excited!

but yes! literally the character make is perfect. they're complete opposites... except their not. and I love that! they both want this sense of control and are practically battling for the control whenever they're in the presence of one another. Dynara is literally a bad ass and I love her and her attitude. she just kicks ass and doesn't even bother asking questions. and Adem. my god, literally if I had the wits this guy had I would be just ass arrogant. I'm talking everyone would hate me lol!

I'm probably going to annoy the hell out of you with this reference - but he really does remind me of Sherlock! he says exactly what he wants and has no filter. Dynara always calls him out for his lack of feelings. Sherlock does no relate to too many people because he doesn't know how to feel - sound familiar? ugh, this book is so damn good and I'm so glad you introduced it to me because I'm having s blast. this is my relief during the end of the semester!

as for now, I have nothing negative to say. I just have one question: if the person who made the echo is looking for him, couldn't they just kill him in an echo? I mean maybe it's because they're not smart enough (because they indicate so many factors that they are not) but isn't that still an option?


Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I just finished! OH mah gosh, I now need to get the second and binge-read it as soon as possible.

To answer your question: I'm sure the echo maker COULD kill Adem in an echo.....if Adem wasn't Adem, if you know what I mean? The more the maker attempts to kill him, the more stubborn Adem gets about staying alive. XD


cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments OMG. I'm not finished. almost. I just found out who the murderer is and all I can say is really?! omg I'm binge reading right now I should be done by the end of the day!


back to top