Divine Divas Reading Group discussion

January Book

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyofhonor) | 224 comments Mod
Hi All! I know there are a ton of series out there so I wanted to get your input on what you would like. Here are a few authors I know have series let me know what you think,

Lutisha Lovely
Victoria Christopher Murray
Kimberla Lawson Roby
Shana Burton
Vanessa Davis Griggs
E N Joy
Tyora Moody
Pat Simmons
Patricia Haley
Michelle Stimpson

That's a good list right lol

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

I am going to try to put my series together that I have in a book shelf. If you are not my friend I would love to have you as one and if you are go ahead and take a look. I am going to get started now so hopefully it will be done by friday :)

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

What do you guys think about reading the Someday series by Jae Henderson? Jae Henderson

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments Hi Tiffany,
I am not familiar with Jae Henderson, but would be willing to give her series a try. I personally have wanted to read E N Joy's offerings, as out of the list you she is the only one I have not read I believe. Let me know what you decide because I am down for whatever the group selects.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

I just ran into her book a couple years or so ago and just loved it!!! But I didn't finish reading because I had a baby lol.

I have never read talk E N Joy before I am down for either but I was leaning towards Jae because she only has 3 books and I don't know how many books are in the E N Joy series

message 6: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I checked out E. N. Joy series and she has one entitled "Always Divas" Book 1 "I Ain't Me No More
Book 2 " More Than I Can Bear

She also has another series entitle "New Day Divas"
Book 1 She Who finds a Husband
Book 2 Been There Prayed That
Book 3 Love , Honor, or Stray
Book 4 Trying To Stay Saved

I Think I am partial to the "Divas" because of the name of our book club. :) I am good either way my dear.

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

I Looked into E N Joy and all her books are tied together which would make for a whole year or so of reading.......Just to be fair I think I might go with Jae Henderson so new people can have the opportunity to still join our readings unless someone can think of an author that has a 3 book series other than Jae.

message 8: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments Good point Tiffany!

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Okay so our book for January is Someday and if you are on your phone and can't see the picture it's Someday by Jae Henderson :)

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

There are 47 chapters in this book so we will be reading 11 chapters a week!

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

There is sooooooooooooooooo much to talk about already but first off let start with the character questions. What do you think about Tee?

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

If you were Michael would you tell your life story to a woman you met on a plane???

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

How do you feel about Becca? Do you think Michelle is Michael's?

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Has anyone read the book?

message 15: by Israelneisha (new)

Israelneisha | 9 comments Hey everyone, I'm new. Nice to meet everyone. I read Someday years ago, so I will have to reread it. Excited!

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Welcome to the group!!!!! We are so glad to have you! We are reading all three books one a month so you have plenty of time to catch up :)

message 17: by Marita (new)

Marita Teague (maritateague) | 3 comments Glad to be a part! ☺️

message 18: by Marita (new)

Marita Teague (maritateague) | 3 comments Glad to be a part! ☺️

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Hi Marita!!!! I have you new book I can't wait to read it!

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

No one is really writing this month but I will ask how did you like the book?

message 21: by Israelneisha (new)

Israelneisha | 9 comments I have re-read & ready to talk lol. I like Tee alot. She reminds me of me, especially when she beat the Blakk's celebrity butt lol!

message 22: by Israelneisha (new)

Israelneisha | 9 comments I was totally confused by Michael sharing his life story on a plane to a stranger. But people do it to me all the time. Sometimes people just need to talk.

message 23: by Israelneisha (new)

Israelneisha | 9 comments Becca is NUTS! I was hoping Michelle was his, but I had a strong feeling she wasn't. I figured the story would go that route because God ain't sharing His glory with nobody! He wants to be our motivation.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Yes I loved this book and now I can't wait to start the next one. I will be creating the thread today and saying how many chapters we'll read per week :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Someday (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jae Henderson (other topics)