Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

Other Odds N Ends > Offering to review your books.

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordon (new)

Jordon Greene (jordongreene) | 31 comments My book is in the final stages of editing, we're a bit over half-way through the editing process for the final book. I'm looking to release the book with some pre-release reviews. Is this something you'd be willing to consider?

The book's tag line and synopsis are below along with the cover. If you are interested just let me know. Thanks either way!

They took everything from him: his partner, his career, his freedom.
How far would you go to get it all back?

FBI Agent Ethan Shaw is investigating a rash of murder cases involving high-profile politicians. When one crucial moment turns Ethan into a fugitive, he suddenly finds himself pursued by the highest echelons of law enforcement and a malevolent secret society. Framed for a crime he didn't commit, he must gather allies to help him continue his investigation in the hopes of proving his innocence. His own life and those of everyone he loves are at risk - but the truth he will uncover poses a far deeper threat.

They'll Call It Treason Cover

message 2: by Carmela (new)

Carmela (alem0007) | 1 comments hi! My book will be released on December 20, and I am in real need of reviews for it. I hope you can check it out and if you are interested enough, maybe you can make a book review about it. I only have it available electronically. I can send you an epub copy or mobi.

And So She Fell by Carmela Barrios

message 3: by Angel (last edited Dec 09, 2015 07:03AM) (new)

Angel | 17 comments I already have one book out and it's a poetry book on Amazon Corridors of My Mind by Angel M.B. Chadwick . It could use more reviews. I could send you a pdf copy.

I also have two books I am getting ready for a 2016 release. One is a YA/ mystery/thriller set in 1984-2008 with several mixed genres and intricate plot twists with diverse characters called "Weeping Well," a sample of the first four chapters are on Wattpad. I can give you the link if you have a Wattpad account, that way you can see if it's something you might be interested in reviewing when it comes out. The other book is a contemporary, urban fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi, romance, diverse charcaters with several other mixed genres. I haven't finished writing it yet. But, it should be ready by Spring 2016.

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom (tom_shutt) | 11 comments Hi Samantha,

I have a middle-grade "choose your own adventure" book about surviving the first day of a zombie apocalypse—Day of the Fish-Zombies—and I'd love to get your review for it. It's a truly unique book with over a hundred different choices and almost three dozen endings to unlock.

If you're interested, I can send a .mobi file your way (the best and only way to read it right now, haha).

Thanks for the opportunity! =)

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Larche | 1 comments Samantha wrote: "Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I'm a Literary Blogger that has recently expanded to book reviews. With this, I'd love to include new authors/ authors not so well known. In return I'd be more tha..."

Hi Samantha,

If you're open to kid's books, I have a middle grade adventure for girls that I would love to submit to you, The Mardi Gras Chase. I have it available for Kindle.

You can read more about it here to see if it would be a good fit for you: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thanks for your consideration!

Maggie Larche

The Mardi Gras Chase by Maggie M. Larche

message 6: by Phil (new)

Phil (phiildavidson) | 2 comments Hi,
I have a military fiction book that I would like reviewed. Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in and I can send an e book file.

Thanks

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Beardon | 11 comments Hi my book is out on Amazon I am a very new author who has made lots of mistakes in this journey. My book is I am not quite what....It is erotica?.Though looking at some books classed as erotica not sure. It has some explicit sex texting...it is set around on line relationships and how they spill into the normal world. It has suspense in there is a stalker. Have pdf or paperback.

message 8: by John (new)

John Jones (johnijones) | 10 comments Samantha wrote: "Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I'm a Literary Blogger that has recently expanded to book reviews. With this, I'd love to include new authors/ authors not so well known. In return I'd be more tha..."

Hi:
How do I submit a book to be reviewed by you?
Thanks!!
John

message 9: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 4 comments Hi,

My debut novel was released in March 2015 and won an Independent Publisher Book Award. It's historical fiction set in 1st century Palestine. The title is Blood of a Stone. Are you on NetGalley? If so, I can give you the link. Do you think you would be interested in reviewing?

Thanks!

Best,
Jeanne

message 10: by John (new)

John Jones (johnijones) | 10 comments Hi Jeanne:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm in the middle of a new novel at the moment.
Maybe later.
You novel does sound interesting.
Thanks again!
John

message 11: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 4 comments Oops! Sorry, John. I meant to reply to Samantha.

Thanks!

Best,
Jeanne

message 12: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Romo Samantha wrote: "Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Hi Samantha - I have an Advance Reader's Copy of my new book Life Before available - would love for you to read/review it. I will have to send you the Kindle version - Just let me know how to get to you. Thank you!!

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Jackson | 1 comments Samantha,

I have an Advanced Reader's copy of my debut YA Romance "Henrietta" available. I'd be thrilled if you'd read/review it. I should have a Kindle version within a day or two. Message me however you choose: patriciamjackson.com

It would be a nice, relaxing Christmas-time read. :-)

Thanks so much!!!

message 14: by Hugh (new)

Hugh Thomson | 14 comments Samantha wrote: "Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Hi Samantha,
I wonder if you would be interested in reviewing my newly released novel A Dangerous Journey Home. [January 19 2016]

I am a Scottish/Australian writer.

The book is historical fiction set in the years 1950-1989. My editor said it is a gritty and exciting book.
The characters are strongly drawn and I have used dialects [Australian and Scottish and others.]

The book grew out of a four year study of the collapse of the CIA Nugan Hand Bank in Australia and the involvement of the shadow CIA in drug trafficking in South-East Asia.

It uses a naïve narrator to tell the story of an Australian soldier caught up in a SOG Unit (Special Observation Group; AKA The Phoenix Program) and his enmeshment in the drug trade. It is not a book about the CIA, rather it is a study of an individual's attempt to extract himself from a situation he comes to detest.

If you agree I can ask my publisher to send you a review copy of the book.
(Unfortunately, due to high postal charges, my publisher will only send digital copies outside of Australia.)

Thank you for your consideration.
regards Hugh Thomson
Email: thommoh@tpg.com.au

message 15: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 41 comments Samantha wrote: "I am now available once again to review books.

Those that have posted after I had stated that new reviews are on a hold. Can re-request if you still would like me to read your lovely works.

Tha..."

Hi Samantha,

Glad to hear you are back.

Are you open for reviewing children's/MG/family books?

If so, please send me your email address.

Many thanks,

Segilola

message 16: by Hugh (new)

Hugh Thomson | 14 comments I would be most honoured to have you review my book "A Dangerous Journey Home" See details on my website www.hugh-thomson.com. If you agree to review I'll get my publisher to send you the appropriate file.
regards Hugh Thomson.
@Samantha wrote: "I am now available once again to review books.

Those that have posted after I had stated that new reviews are on a hold. Can re-request if you still would like me to read your lovely works.

Tha..."

message 17: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 12 comments Hi Samantha,

My book is a contemporary romance
Sunset Reads: William & Cristina
Sunset Reads William & Cristina (Sunset Reads, #1) by D.C. Triana
If interested I can send u a free odf, mobi, or epub copy.
Thank you,
D.C. Triana

message 18: by Don (new)

Don Phelan (goodreadscomdonphelan) | 9 comments The Beech Tree

Free coupon XV38L on Smashwords.com

Would love your take!

Don Phelan

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hernandez | 3 comments Hello Samantha,

I hope that all is well! I am writing to inquire if you would be interested in reviewing my fantasy-adventure novel, "Capering on Glass Bridges." Please allow me to present you with the blurb:

The Utdrendans have spoken, and everything has changed as a consequence. People normally avoid the fog surrounding the cursed Kingdom of Mar, but now they are asking sixteen-year-old Kaia Stone to venture into it. The Utdrendans implied that there is something special about Kaia. They claimed that she could help free the land; she need only carry out their instructions and deliver a message to the Marian king.

Mar, however, is a land in which dark secrets abound, and many will stop at nothing to ensure that it remains forever cursed. Determined to work against Kaia, unfriendly forces have already begun to gather.

Will Kaia choose to abandon the only life she’s ever known—perhaps indefinitely—in pursuit of the greater good…in pursuit of her purpose?

If you are interested, I would be happy to send you a copy of "Capering on Glass Bridges" in your preferred digital format. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Warm regards,

Jessica

message 20: by L. Sydney (new)

L. Sydney Abel | 10 comments Hi Samantha,
I wonder if you would be interested in reading and reviewing my MG/YA Fantasy Paranormal book? Please comment below or message me if interested. Thankyou.
L. Sydney Abel

Timothy Other The Boy Who Climbed Marzipan Mountain by L. Sydney Abel
Timothy Other: The Boy Who Climbed Marzipan Mountain

message 21: by Audrey Mei (new)

Audrey Mei | 8 comments Dear Samantha,

If this is of interest to you, I'd be happy to send you a comp paperback when they are ready next week. World lit/historical fiction/family saga with a twist of magic. Best wishes, Audrey
Trixi Pudong and the Greater World by Audrey Mei

message 22: by Kristine (new)

Kristine | 8 comments Audrey,

It is refreshing to see something other than romance, erotic, and sci-fi. I am verny much interested in history, family , stories and genealogy. I won't supply you with my details, but the reason is profound.

I would honestly appreciate a copy of your paperback to read and review. I have done reviews on amazon, goodreads, bn, smashbooks, and the blog Genuinejenn.

My fondest books to read are subjects like this, mystery, thriller, crime, fiction, historical to some degree, certain memoirs, and just books that catch my eye based on synopsis.

I look forward to your response. I you prefer you can email me at silencenomore@aol.com

Thank you.

message 23: by Dan (new)

Dan Biermeier | 4 comments Hi Samantha:

If you have interest I would be happy to send you a copy of The Hobo Kingdom.The Hobo Kingdom: A Chase of Blood on Steel

Throw Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn on the railroad in 1968 with Robin Hood and his merry men...add a bit of Jack Reacher's vigilante soul...it's like that.

Thanks, Dan

message 24: by Audrey Mei (new)

Audrey Mei | 8 comments Kristine wrote: "Audrey,

It is refreshing to see something other than romance, erotic, and sci-fi. I am verny much interested in history, family , stories and genealogy. I won't supply you with my details, but the..."

Thank you, Kristine! I will email you now. Best, Audrey

message 25: by Henry (new)

Henry Sheppard G’day Samantha.

I’m a boring old Australian to whom nothing much ever happened until I was diagnosed with leukaemia, went through chemotherapy (twice), lost most of my bone marrow (which generates red blood cells and lost most of those), collapsed in the street, and was taken to the Emergency Department of a large hospital. They put me through a series of personal indignities in the process of saving my life.

Am I grateful?

Of course I am! So grateful I left the name of the hospital out of the short, funny book I wrote about my experiences there.

My wife used to be a nurse, so we know a lot of nurses, all of whom report laughing and laughing at the book. Getting them to write reviews about it, though, has been a slow business. They’d rather put a bandage on it and tell me to keep the wound clean and dry and come back next Thursday. But old habits die hard, for all of us.

And so here I am, cap in hand, so to speak. I would love to send you a PDF of the book in exchange for an honest review on Amazon and Goodreads.

The book? Haematemesis: How One Man Overcame a Fear of Things Medical and Learned to Navigate His Way Around Hospital.
( https://www.amzn.com/B01HANLX32 )

My e-mail is: adelaidescreenwriter@gmail.com

All the best,

Henry Sheppard