Me and Earl and the Dying Girl Me and Earl and the Dying Girl discussion

Writer stuff :))))) Plz write on this!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Madisonsquaregordon Lets discuss everything we like about this book and dislike.

Madisonsquaregordon In my opinon, I love this book. It was hilarious and emotional. I love it! One of my new fav books! But I dislike... Nothing! I would marry it. JK. But what do you guys think!

Kylie I loved this book!. I think the way it was written was really unique (with all the scripts and lists and stuff). I also liked the way that it stood to all the assumptions of it being like TFIOS. I didn't see any resemblance- except maybe a sick teenager. All in all, it was a great book!

Lillian I really liked this book! The characters were hilarious and very interesting. One of my favorite parts was how Greg's dad and Earl loved eating all that weird food from Whole Foods. It made me laugh super hard.

Madisonsquaregordon I thought the conflict was very interesting. I think that conflict was very important in this book. It really built it

Cecilia Morin I disliked this book for many reasons. I thought that the characters were people that I could not relate to and maybe that was how he wanted people to see it. I still dislike the vulgar talk throughout the WHOLE BOOK. I am fine with a considerable amount but I thought he went over board and I did not appretiate it.

Dramapuppy CeciliaM wrote: "I disliked this book for many reasons. I thought that the characters were people that I could not relate to and maybe that was how he wanted people to see it. I still dislike the vulgar talk throug..."

I think the vulgar language helped to create the atmosphere. The author really didn't want this a sound like a romantic cancer story. There's nothing romantic about cancer, and he knew that.

Madisonsquaregordon Yea, I mean its your opinion if you disliked it. But, the language built the book. Sure, there was some bad words but it built the book. It really fit Gregg's personalty. Hes a teenager boy. What else would he say?

message 10: by Lillian (last edited Dec 10, 2015 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lillian There was a lot of swearing but I agree that it set the tone for everything.

Madisonsquaregordon thankyou for agreeing. And yes, there was swearing. But my previous teacher was okay with it :))) I loved the book but was there anyone who disliked the book for BESIDES swearing.