What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Johnny Tomorrow
This topic is about Johnny Tomorrow
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Childrens book from 1980's - boy (in the future) who was lonely but had a machine that could take him anywhere or give him anything [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam (ads100) | 3 comments I remember a book from my childhood (UK) about a boy (in the future) who was lonely but had a machine that could take him anywhere or give him anything.

My clear memories are of the machine making him a guitar, and of him travelling somewhere and experiencing rain for the first time.

I could have sworn it was called Jonny Planet or something like that but cannot find any book of that name.

Any help much appreciated.

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam (ads100) | 3 comments I still haven't managed to track this one down, so thought I'd give it a bump

message 3: by Kris (last edited Sep 21, 2017 05:54AM) (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Adam, is this a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a longer chapter book with mostly words?

Can you describe where the boy lived? Is this near or far into Earth's future?

Was he completely alone in the future? Who lived nearby?

What did the machine look like (e.g., a humanoid robot, giant box)?

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam (ads100) | 3 comments Hi Kris,

Thanks for the response, I have actually tracked it down - it was Johnny Planet by Carolyn Bear.

Thanks

Adam

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Adam.

Any chance it's (also) called "Johnny Tomorrow" (1976) by Carolyn Bear? Here is one cover image -- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnny-Tomor...

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carolyn Bear (other topics)