What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Story of an American girl living in Australia who is in love with her neighbor [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments This is a story about a young American girl who, in the beginning, lives in Australia, and is in love with her neighbor, a man named John (if I remember correctly). John runs some sort of farm, and he is a bit older than the girl, perhaps by about 10 years or so. The girl often speaks to and visits John, trying to get his attention. We and the girl initially get the impression that John finds her kind of annoying. However, for some reason, the girl makes plans to return to the U.S., and when she tells John, he does not act disappointed, although she wishes he would. I believe that they get into an argument, but then John comes to her house before she leaves, and he admits that he has feelings for her, and they end up making love. Then she returns to the U.S. and is staying with a relative. Pretty soon, John comes to visit her, kind of unexpectedly, and he's thrilled to see her and he proposes. But then he goes back to Australia, and the next time they talk, he says he doesn't love her and that his proposal was just in the heat of the moment. She's devastated. Time goes by and I think she goes back to Australia to visit, and she ends up seeing John again. Over the course of her visit, they spend time together several times, occasionally in the company of John's nephew and/or niece (I think). They end up falling in love again and John admits that he always loved her, he was just scared (or something like that). There's a pretty important scene where the girl is holding John's infant niece, and John sees this and makes some comment about he and the girl having children together.

I'm so sorry for such a long description. I read this book about 1 or 2 years ago, although I'm not sure when it was published. And if I'm not mistaken, it may have been a shorter novella in a book that was a collection of 3 or 4 stories.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Lauren, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book. Good luck with your search!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments Thanks, Kris!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Lauren, just responding to your message. Glad to hear to you found your book. Can you post the title and author in this thread?

You can leave your original request as is. Then we'll move your request to a Solved folder by clicking "Edit" beside the Topic header near the top (on the desktop, not mobile, website). The original poster or any of the Moderators can do this.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments Hey everyone,

I was able to find this story on my own. It is in the book titled "Brides to Be" by Diana Palmer. This book contains two novels: this one, called "The Australian", and another one called "Heart of Ice".

While it is a romance novel (well, two actually), it was a good book, but I especially loved "The Australian". I'm pleased that I was able to figure it out.

Cheers!

message 6: by Kris (new)

That's great. Thanks Lauren.
Here's the GR link - Brides to Be by Diana Palmer.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brides to Be (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diana Palmer (other topics)