Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Cover says there's a virus

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 22 comments Hi,

I've run my cover through McAfee three times now and it's clean, but each time I try to upload it to my book, it says it didn't make it through your virus scan. I've never had this happen before & I KNOW the image doesn't have a virus. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43615 comments Mod
This isn't really something librarians can help you with, but but one for the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or related issues.

message 3: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 22 comments Okay, great. Thanks so much!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (seabelis) | 571 comments Same issue here.

message 5: by DarkChaplain (new)

DarkChaplain | 3 comments Same issue. Seems to be a wider spread problem with the uploading system itself.

message 6: by Vit (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:50AM) (new)

Vit Babenco | 2 comments No covers pass control now. So there is an error in program...

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24791 comments Yep, I've got the problem also.

message 8: by Paolo (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:53AM) (new)

Paolo Caracciolo | 195 comments I usually save the image on my computer and then upload it to the GR database. At the moment, this is not working. I have just tried using the image url instead of the image name and it worked. I have just made one try so I am not quite sure this is the solution.

message 9: by DarkChaplain (new)

DarkChaplain | 3 comments I was just able to upload the cover I was failing to put up earlier. It appears to be fixed, unless this was just a lucky fluke.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24791 comments Just tried my one that wouldn't work - and it worked. So it must be fixed :)

message 11: by Vit (new)

Vit Babenco | 2 comments Fixed!

message 12: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 22 comments Yes! I contacted GR last night and received an email back within the hour that it was a glitch but is fixed now. Yay! :)

message 13: by Caio (new)

Caio Everton (caiomatrix) | 2 comments I'm still getting this message. Even when I tried to send them a screenshot of the problem. lol

message 14: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Glitch still present.

message 15: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 22 comments Oh no! You need to contact GR & let them know then!!

message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43615 comments Mod
Bugs should be reported via the Feedback Group, or the Contact Us link on the Help page. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.