Emily March Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Holidays > Christmas Traditions...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Tell us about your special Christmas traditions ...

My favorite day of the year is Christmas Eve, and my favorite time of the day is when all the shops are closed and it's quiet all around. Ray and I like to take a drive to see Christmas lights, then come home and have a champagne toast by the tree...and open ONE present. We've done this every Christmas - when the kids were young, it was our way of celebrating the quiet after they went to bed, and all of the gifts had been put together (some assembly required...). Now, we toast to those memories.

message 2: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments I always put up my Christmas Village, going to put it up next week. A funny naughty Christmas story ,this was many, many years ago Wolf and I were decorating the tree and I was singing "We wish you a merry Christmas" as Wolf was video taping I flashed him my boobs ,no bra, I thought he had erased it. Then years later when Jen moved back to Houston for collage, I went with her. I took a tape of her concerts ,she sings opera ,and we stopped off at my Best Friends home in Austin . We went to watch the tape with Rea ,her teenage sons & Hubby and as you have guessed the boobs popped out! Thank Goodness we are still BFF's We still laugh about it every Christmas!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "I always put up my Christmas Village, going to put it up next week. A funny naughty Christmas story ,this was many, many years ago Wolf and I were decorating the tree and I was singing "We wish you..."

Lola, you made my day with that story! And I've always enjoyed visiting families who have a Christmas village - I bet yours is beautiful. If you'd like to share a picture - without boobs - I'm sure we'd all enjoy it!

We're putting up our tree tonight. It's a windy, rainy day and I'm making soup - bad weather on tree-decorating night is kind of becoming a tradition over here. But we are grateful for a wet winter and praying for snow in the Sierra.

P

message 4: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Thank goodness it was one of those old VCR cameras that took bad videos and it was a quick flash so nothing really to see but you knew what I did.lol

It is up to 60 here today but windy,I was hoping to put up the lights outside, but no.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "Thank goodness it was one of those old VCR cameras that took bad videos and it was a quick flash so nothing really to see but you knew what I did.lol

It is up to 60 here today but windy,I was ho..."

We spent all day running around today because we have family coming for the weekend - then a quick overnight trip to the coast - then back and Ray has some minor surgery on Tuesday.

Our funny holiday story of the day was when we went out and bought a 7-foot white tree for the front yard, only to realize when we got outside the big box store that it doesn't fit in my 2-seater car. So I rode home with the box wedged next to me in the passenger seat. Ray took photos and sent them everywhere....but at least I had my top on! LOL.

message 6: by Lola (last edited Dec 09, 2015 08:28AM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Glad to hear you weren't driving around with your ladies exposed! lol
I ordered one of Families newest traditions last night. My Brother in Law sent us a Collins Street Bakery Fruitcake a few years back, all of us said "yuck, we hate Fruitcake !!!" All that candied citrus rind YUCK!! Then we tasted it OMG it was so delicious ,no citrus rinds. They only put in lots cherries, pineapple and I think mangos with lots & lots of pecans. So now it has become a tradition.

message 7: by Kay (last edited Dec 10, 2015 05:42PM) (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Lola wrote: "I always put up my Christmas Village, going to put it up next week. A funny naughty Christmas story ,this was many, many years ago Wolf and I were decorating the tree and I was singing "We wish you..."

OMG Lola that is hilarious. I would have died of embarrassment but so glad you can laugh about it now.

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments When my kids were growing up we would go to a friends Christmas Eve open house every year and either before or after to Christmas Eve service at church and then would drive to this particular area in Fort Worth that had houses around a lake with lights on them and of course many not on the lake with lights. The family we visited had 4 of 5 kids that had worked with my husband in a retail clothing store when he was younger. They are a wonderful family and Mama L (the mother) would make homemade tamales that were awesome. The lights on the houses around the lake were magical and it just brought out the special feelings and awe of the Christmas season. I really miss those years and unfortunately Mama L got too old to cook so much, had too many grandkids and a huge family to accommodate as the years went by. A beautiful time in our lives. We still visit the lake when the kids are with Us at Christmas and maybe soon we can take our granddaughter to see them too.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay wrote: "When my kids were growing up we would go to a friends Christmas Eve open house every year and either before or after to Christmas Eve service at church and then would drive to this particular area ..."

I can't wait to re-enact some of our traditions with our granddaughter Layla....there is absolutely nothing like seeing the holidays through the eyes of a child, is there?

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments That is so true Paula. They are so precious and can bring back the special times when your kids were small. I miss those times at Christmas Especially.

message 11: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Hi Kay,
Yes I can never hear "We wish you a Merry Christmas" without cracking up! This was over 30 years ago and the ladies were still looking good then! As Whoopi Goldberg says now "I trip over them when I get up at night to go to the bathroom!"
Hugs Lola

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

HA! Lola and Kay, I swear I was sitting in the car the other day and when I looked down, my breasts were leaning in opposite directions...absolutely a frightening sight. I found myself pushing them together with my upper arms.

I think I need to add new bras to my Christmas list - the old ones have given up trying to hold me up!! :-D

message 13: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Yeah I am not alone lol !!!!! God was over generous in the boob department! I have 2 Nieces who have had reduction surgery , so the whole family must have gotten in the line twice by mistake, who would do it on purpose! I have given up on bras unless I am going out. I have a hyoid hernia and bras just hurt too much. So I say let them lean to the sides ;D Hugs Lola

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "Yeah I am not alone lol !!!!! God was over generous in the boob department! I have 2 Nieces who have had reduction surgery , so the whole family must have gotten in the line twice by mistake, who w..."

*tears in my eyes* - the weird thing is, I was absolutely flat as a pancake until I turned 30 - and like an idiot I had saline implants put in. One of them collapsed (yes, seriously, I had a mammogram and it squashed like a bug!). Then, I had them removed. Later, at 40, when I had to have a hysterectomy, apparently God thought I deserved a consolation prize for early menopause. I think it was the "Booby Prize" - pun intended!

Moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for.

message 15: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Just caught up with this conversation and you ladies have me rolling. I really wish I could have a reduction which I would hope would bring the sagging ladies back up. However, I think at 59 it may be a little too late. Thanks for the laughs.

message 16: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Your Welcome , both my nieces had it done in their 30's, I don't even think it was done in my 30's. Hugs Lola

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "Your Welcome , both my nieces had it done in their 30's, I don't even think it was done in my 30's. Hugs Lola" When I had them, I always thought I'd have the best-looking boobs in the retirement community. However, that was before one of them collapsed...and left me lopsided....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.