Emily March Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Holidays > Favorite Christmas movies? Naughty or Nice?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Do you have some favorite holiday movies? Are they the classics, or contemporary, naughty or nice? (For instance, one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation....and that's just naughty - but I accept that...Clark Griswold on a greased toboggan? I can't resist.

message 2: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments A Christmas Story,How the Grinch Stole Christmas and of course, Its a Wonderful Life. Lasso the Moon!

message 3: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lola wrote: "A Christmas Story,How the Grinch Stole Christmas and of course, Its a Wonderful Life. Lasso the Moon!"

I love the animated Grinch! Takes me back to my childhood. But Jim Carrey played the part well in the film version too!

AND one of the most romantic lines ever -- Lasso the moon!

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Since I am a "bit" older than some of you, I tend to be drawn to the Christmas films I watched as a child. I LOVE White Christmas (no one else in my family is as enthusiastic as I am lol) I like to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, and of course all of the "OLD" cartoons Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Clause is Coming To Town. I know, they are corny, but I still like them. My husband has watched A Christmas Story so many times I may go round the bend if I have to sit through it again. The folks at the Chinese Restaurant singing Christmas Carols still cracks me up though. I think it has ruined those old songs for me forever though, everytime they come on, in my head, I hear them the way the Chinese folks sang them, lol. I appologize in advance if this causes you to do the same.
Have a good night all.

message 5: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Linda wrote: "Since I am a "bit" older than some of you, I tend to be drawn to the Christmas films I watched as a child. I LOVE White Christmas (no one else in my family is as enthusiastic as I am lol) I like to..."

Hi Linda! Ray and I watch White Christmas every year. There is something about that movie that just makes the holidays feel peaceful and uplifting rather than chaotic - once all the shops have closed and people are all snug in their homes. A Charlie Brown Christmas was my late aunt's very favorite movie, and I still swear I can hear her laugh when we watch it. Although we are both a "bit" older, watching these animated movies makes me feel like a kid again. I'm glad to hear you enjoy them too!

message 6: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the original) and White Christmas are my all time favorites.

message 7: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Kay wrote: "It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the original) and White Christmas are my all time favorites."

I still get nervous when uncle loses the money in It's A Wonderful Life - I must have seen it a dozen times, but it still hurts! That's a classic movie for you!

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I agree Paula. That is a heartbreaking moment but also pivotal for the whole movie. Love that movie.

message 9: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Kay wrote: "I agree Paula. That is a heartbreaking moment but also pivotal for the whole movie. Love that movie." Yes, thank goodness for the turning points! Actually that's what I've named my eventual book series: Turning Points. They make every story come alive for me.

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I have to say I love The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black. Not traditional Christmas movie but a great Christmas love story.

message 11: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Kay wrote: "I have to say I love The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black. Not traditional Christmas movie but a great Christmas love story."
I haven't seen that one! I'm going to look it up -- some of my very favorite actors!

message 12: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Highly recommend! But definitely a chick flick.

message 13: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments I think I am the only one on the world who hasn't seen "Miracle on 34th street" or "White Christmas" and there is another older one that's popular that I have never seen either. one of these days I will though. I love all the Rudolph and Frosty and Grinch etc.... One of my absolute favorites is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation . . "The shitter was full.." lol classic!!! The movies and shows are great but for me , it's the music that touches my heart and soul and gets me in the mood and makes me feel closer to God and so thankful for His son Jesus and the blessings we were given through Him.
hugs to all,
jina

message 14: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Jina -- we've been quoting "Christmas Vacation" all weekend. Our entire family has such an outrageous sense of humor that the Griswolds - especially Randy Quaid's character - makes us laugh all year long.

We watched Miracle on 34th Street last week - tear-jerky as ever - and the one movie I'm determined to watch this year is Elf with Will Ferrell.

Of course, today we are watching football while I work at the laptop....

I hope you all have a blessed week. I'll be here -- a little crazed perhaps, but definitely here!

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Joplin (lindajoplin) | 2 comments Paula wrote: "Do you have some favorite holiday movies? Are they the classics, or contemporary, naughty or nice? (For instance, one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation....and that's just naughty - but I accept..."<

Christmas Vacation is my all-time favorite Christmas movie! I love the laughs and craziness! I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas!

message 16: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Do you have some favorite holiday movies? Are they the classics, or contemporary, naughty or nice? (For instance, one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation....and that's just naughty ..."

Secret Santa will be visiting soon ... are you ready for a surprise? I don't know who drew who but it's been fun to watch so far! :-)

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Kay wrote: "I have to say I love The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black. Not traditional Christmas movie but a great Christmas love story."

Oh I love this movie. We actually own it and watch it over and over. It is a fun film.

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Paula wrote: "Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Do you have some favorite holiday movies? Are they the classics, or contemporary, naughty or nice? (For instance, one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation....and that's..."

I mailed my package yesterday. Should arrive by the 23rd. I decided to make something for this person. The minute I saw who I had drawn, I knew what I would make. I am really enjoying this, so much fun,
Christmas blessing to you all,
Linda Manthey

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Linda wrote: "Kay wrote: "I have to say I love The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz and Jack Black. Not traditional Christmas movie but a great Christmas love story."

Oh I love this movie. We a..."

I own it too Linda. Watch it several times a year.

message 20: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments My favorite is Its A Wonderful Life. it is a good reminder that everyone is important.

message 21: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Linda wrote: "Paula wrote: "Do you have some favorite holiday movies? Are they the classics, or contemporary, naughty or nice? (For instance, one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation..."

My curiosity is officially killing me! What a wonderful surprise! I've got to get my stuff caught up tomorrow and Friday...work has kicked my hindparts this week...not what I planned!

message 22: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Melinda wrote: "My favorite is Its A Wonderful Life. it is a good reminder that everyone is important."

It always makes me respect the fact that you never know the far-reaching impact of even the simplest kindness. Like the butterfly effect -- small things have great consequences.

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Call | 106 comments Sorry ive been mia everyone. Been super busy how are you all?!

message 24: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Hi, Jessica! We have ALL been incredibly busy, staying in touch when we can, and looking forward to starting The Callahan Brothers after the New Year! It's wonderful to hear from you and I hope that in spite of all the busy-ness, you're having a happy holiday season. Check in when you can and let us know what's happening!

message 25: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Saw all my favorites in the last 24 hours. White Chritsmas, it's a Wonderful Life, and Miracle on 34th Street.

message 26: by Paula, Moderator (new)

We watched Elf on Christmas Eve this year and it was delightful. Today I saw some deleted scenes on Facebook and laughed until the tears fell! Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/0tX9qQvYCB0

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.