Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Need Book Recommendations > YA books about witches?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.S. (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:08PM) (new)

L.S. May | 18 comments Off the top of my head: L J Smith's The Secret Circle trilogyThe Initiation, the T'Witches series (still YA, but maybe slightly younger YA.) The Power of Two
Sarah Rees Brennan's The Demon's Lexicon trilogy has magicians, but they aren't the main characters.The Demon's Lexicon Her Lynburn legacy books have sorcerers, and some are sometimes POV characters.Unspoken

If you haven't already, check out this thread, too: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you search Amazon for witches, loads of stuff comes up.

Also, my series is about witches. First book: Confessions of Innocence

message 2: by Conrad (new)

Conrad Zero (conradzero) | 1 comments L.S. wrote: "Off the top of my head: L J Smith's The Secret Circle trilogyThe Initiation, the T'Witches series (still YA, but maybe slightly younger YA.) The Power of Two
Sarah Rees ..."

A great list, thanks!
-Z

message 3: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Wow, love the list, L.S.!

message 4: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 71 comments I love books about witches but unfortunately haven't read very many of them. Here are the few I have read and recommend,

Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Enchant Me by Anne Violet

Shifting Shadows is more new adult and is also about werewolves.

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Try Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder and its sequels

message 6: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 39 comments Ok have you tried the bloodline series, a Vampire Academy spin off, its great and has witches in there Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

Also this is a good witch book ONCE A WITCH Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough

And how about these
A WITCH IN WINTER A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1) by Ruth Warburton
WITCHY WITCHY Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy, #1) by Penelope King
DARK SUMMER Dark Summer (The Witchling, #1) by Lizzy Ford
ohhh and I love the NEW ENGLAND WITCH CHRONICLES SERIES first book is New England Witch Chronicles (New England Witch Chronicles, #1) by Chelsea Luna

Also have you read Hex Hall ? Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins main character is a witch but other paranormals too also another one with other paranormals including witches is base din a summer camp THE SHADOW FALLS SERIES Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter

I hope these help :)

message 7: by Tarisa (new)

Tarisa Marie (tarisamarie) | 8 comments Tainted Crimson this is book one. So far there are three and soon to be a fourth and fifth. It's free on applie iBooks, kobo, Barnes and noble and overdrive right now.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You WANT to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik
No really, you do.

message 9: by Kitty-Lydia (new)

Kitty-Lydia Dye | 12 comments If you want a mix of vampires and witchcraft, then Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast might be one to consider :), with vampires casting spells.

message 10: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy Stoll (wvsahm07) Schooled in Magic by Christopher Nuttall is a fantastic YA series that focuses on magic/wizards. It's a great fantasy world with lots of details and dynamic characters. There are currently 8 books in the series, and it gets better with every one!!
His Bookworm series is also good, still in the same world and focused on magic users.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) An old series but very good

Trilogy -
Wither (Wendy Ward, #1) by J.G. Passarella

message 12: by Jenny (last edited Apr 21, 2016 06:16PM) (new)

Jenny | 6 comments Burn Mark by Laura Powell and Half Bad by Sally Green. I don't know how to post images for the book covers. Eventually I will learn!