Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Book Blurb Choice

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Luckourt (nicole_luckourt) | 22 comments Hello Everyone,

I have two book blurbs written for my romantic suspense novel and can't decide between the two. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you, Nicole

FIRST
Jordan has made enemies while working as a forensic psychologist. When someone tries to kill her, she learns just how long the suspect list is. With a hit out on her life and no idea where the threat is coming from, her colleagues move to hire a bodyguard. Chase vows to keep her safe until the perpetrator is caught. Professional and reserved, her worries about how the arrangement will impact her practice are alleviated. The problem– she forgot to consider how he might impact her heart.

SECOND
Jordan Clayton has made enemies while working as a forensic psychologist. When someone tries to kill her, she learns just how long the suspect list is. With a hit out on her life and no idea where the threat is originating from, her colleagues move to hire a bodyguard until the perpetrator is caught. But Chase Armstrong is nothing like she expected. Though she feels physically safer in his presence, emotionally, she feels more at risk than ever before.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillbrock) | 77 comments The second one is definitely better.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Luckourt (nicole_luckourt) | 22 comments Thank you for the feedback and suggestions! I will keep mixing them up a bit :)

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Luckourt (nicole_luckourt) | 22 comments I really like your approach! It sounds much more active than mine. I've been trying to amp up the excitement/intrigue in the blurb, but I will say that writing one is a challenge. I'm glad writing the actual book came more naturally. :) Thank you for the rework.

message 5: by Wisteria (new)

Wisteria Kitsune (wisteriakitsune) Cool. Writing blurbs takes quite a different perspective. I keep reworking mine too. A friend of mine who is moderately successful in the steamy romance genre does still on occasion hire a friend to write her blurbs. It also depends on your venue: a really short one for Twitter: a longer one for Amazon. Although even on Amazon you still have very limited space to catch your target reader's attention.

message 6: by Wisteria (new)

Wisteria Kitsune (wisteriakitsune) Just got this good article on my Twitter feed: http://www.justpublishingadvice.com/i...

It talks about using search keywords in your blurb.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Luckourt (nicole_luckourt) | 22 comments The various requirements make it more difficult for sure. I had a different book blurb under 300 words that had been professionally edited, but I just entered the Kindle Scout program and they require a very short blurb.I can see the appeal of having someone experienced in writing book blurbs create one. Thanks for posting the link to the blurb article. I skimmed it already and am going to read it again before I start to tackle the changes.

message 8: by Wisteria (new)

Wisteria Kitsune (wisteriakitsune) see. It's easier to rewrite someone else's blurb than your own. (-_-)

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Luckourt (nicole_luckourt) | 22 comments So true. I may be trying to look through old Goodread posts to find a book blurb writer in the future :)