Writers and Readers discussion

Free Books and Giveaways > Free Short Stories Every Week on Tuesdays

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 46 comments My Reading Fiction Blog has classic free short stories. This week is author Edith Wharton.

“The soul sits alone and waits for a footstep that never comes.”

Do you like literary mysteries? This short story by Edith Wharton is a special one, "The Fullness of Life." Not an especially enchanting title, but the story takes you beyond life and into death.

Take a read of this story about love, death, and the beyond.

https://paulacappa.wordpress.com/2015...

message 2: by A.F. (last edited Dec 03, 2015 08:12PM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
Paula wrote: "My Reading Fiction Blog has classic free short stories. This week is author Edith Wharton.

“The soul sits alone and waits for a footstep that never comes.”

Do you like literary mysteries? This sh..."

Are all your short stories in the public domain, or otherwise free of copyright issues? I ask because I don't allow or condone the promotion of pirate sites in this group.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 46 comments Pirate sites? I'm not savvy on what that means. But yes, all the short stories on my weekly Reading Fiction blog are free and in public domain and clear of copyright restrictions. If I'm posting in the wrong place, do let me know.

message 4: by A.F. (last edited Dec 04, 2015 06:01AM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
Paula wrote: "Pirate sites? I'm not savvy on what that means. But yes, all the short stories on my weekly Reading Fiction blog are free and in public domain and clear of copyright restrictions. If I'm posting in..."

Pirate sites are sites that list books still under copyright protection (or movies or music) for free, and without the author's or publisher's permission. But if you're only posting public domain books, then everything is fine, and no problems.

I didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong, but I do need to double check on copyright issues.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 46 comments Oh, okay. You're so right. I'm very careful about what I put on my blog in content and public domain images. Thank you for the explanation, A.F.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 46 comments If you've not read much of author Emile Zola or French" literature, I have a short story for you this week that is more than just a little compelling.

"The Death of Olivier Becaille" by Émile Zola is a 35-minute read about a man with catalepsy and about to be buried alive. A terrifying subject but in the hands of Emile Zola, an extraordinary and unforgettable work of fiction.

Read it free at Reading Fiction Blog
https://paulacappa.wordpress.com/2015...