flight paths discussion

What are you reading? > darling its december

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2335 comments what to read in the dark of winter?
inspiring and warn things, of coutse

message 2: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1244 comments I can't believe it's December!

Funny-I'm reading a book called City on Fire (talk about warm!). It takes place in NYC during the 1970s-where I lived in my 20s (and 30s and 40s). So far, it's not really evoking any nostalgia but I'm only in the early parts.

Otherwise, I'm in overdrive at work.

message 3: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2335 comments looks interesting. I've added to my tbr mountain :-)
still working on Zombie politics. hard reading in that the emotional kickback has me fuming
big anticipation: the sequel to shantaram is out!

message 4: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments Slowly working through Arthurian and alternative Britain legends, which should keep me running through Christmas.

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1244 comments I found the Zombie book slow reading-more terrifying than Stephen King.

message 6: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1244 comments Ice wrote: "Slowly working through Arthurian and alternative Britain legends, which should keep me running through Christmas."

Ice, what works are you reading for your project?

message 7: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments On Arthurian I am working through the five books of Mary Stewart.
Within alternate Katherine Kurtz has been chronicling a celtic/briton series for many years, and I have the latest book The King's Deryni.
Hoping to return to some classics in the new year.

message 8: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2335 comments o ice, those books you cite ARE classics! just wondering, have you read the Malory? And...do check out Stephen Lawheads Arthurian quartet, starting with Taleisan Its scrumptious

Ellie.what was most uncomfortable for you in reading zombies? I spent the last 2days working. in my notes,on the bus now (2 days late) to return to the library .

message 9: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2335 comments on the bus with WiFi but it's a dark and stormy night and a jiggly bus. no with fi at home tho, so taking this opportunity to extend seasons joy to Ellie and Ice Bear faithful members, and anyone else really that chances to pass through flight paths.
As for reading, I have been totally engrossed in Orhan Pamuks A Strangeness in my Mind, which I started with trepidation because I did not appreciate Museum of Innocence.
Oddly though, it did provide a good background for this book, which is so much more engaging.

message 10: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments A trip on the train all the way to Edinburgh and back in one day, with mainly colouring in books as the grandsons needed occupying !

message 11: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments Have a great Christmas everyone, still working tomorrow however generally winding down for the festive season. Hoping to get some reading time squeezed in amongst the family time.

message 12: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2335 comments hope it was a good wrap to your year with cosy reading opportunities.

I was amazed to be told by GR that I read 186 books over the year.