Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Big Data Appliances for In-Memory Computing - A Real-world Research Guide for Corporations to Tame and Wrangle Their Data
Adding New Books > My book does not show up under my profile as author

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ganapathi (last edited Dec 02, 2015 01:50PM) (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments Hi,

I have added my book under author program. However, the author program profile does not reflect my picture and my book shelf. Similary, my regular profile is not linked to the author program as well. Can you please advise what is wrong and how to address this issue ?

Thanks!

GP

message 2: by Ganapathi (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments I read librarian with authorizations can add it.

message 3: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments You don't seem to have an author profile yet, just a regular user profile. You can claim your author profile here: https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...

Please note GR dose not allow titles/degrees in the author name.

message 4: by Ganapathi (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments Thanks Catalina. I submitted the application. Please advise the next steps. When I created the the book, I could only add "Paperback" to it, I could not add Kindle Edition. Please advise if there were a way to do it.

Thanks!

message 5: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments You can create a new book and ask to be combined with the existing editions or you can use 'add a new edition' tool from the book record.
I went ahead an added the kindle edition here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2....
Please provide: ASIN, publisher, pub date etc and someone will add them to the book record.

message 6: by Ganapathi (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments Hi Catalina,

Please see below:

File Size: 1420 KB
Print Length: 210 pages
Publisher: Amazon; 1 edition (December 21, 2015)
Publication Date: December 21, 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: TBD

I still cannot see my author profile, please provide the link where I can find the author link.

Thanks!

message 7: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Thank you, info added.

It takes up to 3 working days for GR authors profiles to be approved.

message 8: by Ganapathi (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments Hi Catalina,

Thanks. Can you please combine the editions as well. I will keep an out for the approval in the next three days.

Thanks!

GP

message 9: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19997 comments Dr. Ganapathi wrote: "Can you please combine the editions as well."

Kindle and paperback edition are combined already.

message 10: by Ganapathi (new)

Ganapathi Pulipaka | 6 comments Hi Arenda,

Thanks. Please see if you could update the release date on the combined editions from December 21, 2015 to December 22, 2015. I cannot edit it.

Thanks!

GP

message 11: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19997 comments Changed to December 22