Fairy Tales Eclectic discussion

Uprooted
This topic is about Uprooted
New Fairy Tales > Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Dec 02, 2015 10:09AM) (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) | 553 comments I'm hoping to start reading this this weekend. I'll send out a message to the group, probably this weekend. Everyone is welcome to join :D

Lisa | 254 comments I picked it up on Monday and have started it, although not gotten very far yet as reading time is limited this week. The main character (I'm not even going to attempt to spell her name!) immediately pulled me in, so that's a great start, although the book is much thicker than I expected.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) | 553 comments Okay, I'm not sure what to say about this. I picked up the book last night to read the first chapter and had to skim about a third of it just to get through it. My eyes pretty much glazed over when I tried to go to the next chapter. And yes, it's a very thick book! I'm not going to be able to read it, I'm just not connecting with it:( I'm going to drop at back at the library tomorrow.

Lisa, will you finish it?

Lisa | 254 comments Pretty sure I will. I'm thinking it will get much more interesting too, since it seems like A (the main character's name is ridiculous to spell) has underlying magic of her own that the Dragon will be teaching her how to use.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) | 553 comments Okay:) Let us know what you think!

Lisa | 254 comments Will do!