Beyond Reality discussion

Dust of Dreams (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #9)
This topic is about Dust of Dreams
SERIES—List & Discussions > Malazan Book of the Fallen--DUST OF DREAMS: Finished Reading (*SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3108 comments Mod
Here's a general topic for people who have finished reading Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson.

WARNING: SPOILERS LIKELY!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments Ugh, you know, I was giving Tavore the benefit of the doubt but it seems like she just wasted a ton of lives. And for what?

Maybe we'll find out more but, right now, I'm pretty salty.

message 3: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Jan 11, 2016 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't think Tavore was expecting the K'Chain Nah'ruk, at least not at this point. And the KN were not looking to fight the Bonehunters--they just got in the way. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong enemy.

Very cinematic battles.

Questions remain--where is Icarium now? Who survived of the Bonehunters? Who (what) is Ruthan Gudd, really?

And we have other storylines that are unresolved--the Shake, Setoc with Tool's children, Draconus and Oblala Pung, and the machinations of the the other gods.

Ready to dive into The Crippled God.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments True about Tavore. I was so angry after that section though, all those soldiers dying :(

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was thinking about my post above and realized that the twin daughters of Hetan are actually Kruppe's children, but the boy is Tool's.

Helen Yes. I think the boy is calling Oblala, blablablabla.

So many dead, and I'm just going my characters aren't because it certainly hasn't been cleared up!

Tavore, is not a gifted or inspiring leader. Interesting that she is the Malazan expert on Shadow's tactics etc.

I'm still reeling!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments I had pretty much had the same reactions. Are you jumping right into TCG?

Helen I'm doing one of my three buddies and then going straight on.

I'm still speechless. So many people, battles, deaths..

David Hedges | 70 comments Finished this yesterday and started reading The Crippled God immediately. Possibly my least favourite one so far. I didn't enjoy the Barghast storyline at all, nor the Errastas one. I also didn't like Olar Ethil, or whatever she was called.
The climactic battle was amazing if traumatic. I wasn't expecting a climax to this book as it is part one of the final book so it came as a surprise. And to all happen purely because the Bonehunters happened to be in the way! I do hope SOME of them have survived!! Icarium's closing of the warren was fantastic!

message 10: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

David wrote: "Finished this yesterday and started reading The Crippled God immediately. Possibly my least favourite one so far. I didn't enjoy the Barghast storyline at all, nor the Errastas one. I also didn't l..."
There are storylines that grabbed me and others that were more "meh", but the battles and the storylines I cared about more than made up for the "meh".

message 11: by Tani (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tani | 132 comments David wrote: "Finished this yesterday and started reading The Crippled God immediately. Possibly my least favourite one so far. I didn't enjoy the Barghast storyline at all, nor the Errastas one. I also didn't l..."

I was with you on this one. It was definitely one of the weaker books in the series for me as well. But I really loved The Crippled God, so definitely expect things to pick up again.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dust of Dreams (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Steven Erikson (other topics)