Beyond Reality discussion

Dust of Dreams (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #9)
This topic is about Dust of Dreams
SERIES—List & Discussions > Malazan Book of the Fallen--12/20--Dust of Dreams: Chapters 10-14

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3153 comments Mod
SPOILERS only through Chapters 10-12 of Book 2 (Eaters of Diamonds and Gems) and Chapters 13-14 of Book 3 (Only the Dust Will Dance).

Helen The k'chain are down to two and a woman, although the winged guy is still out there I think, searching endlessly. Dujek suggested that only she can save the species but is that what we want?

The six, presumably dead people which include a drowned feather witch, have made friends with a juvenile k'chain. Is he died too have been in stasis or are they long-lived?

The bonehunters are getting ready to match, I always enjoy their sections.

Somewhere in the world, we have many different people's. Who knows how they'll ever connect and solve this adventure. Where is Kalam?!

Tani | 132 comments I'm still slowly plugging away at this one. I was on vacation over the weekend and didn't read much, so I feel like I'm not making any progress. And I kind of hate the Barghast a lot, so that's making me not want to read. :/ I'm really hoping that the emphasis goes to a different group soon because I don't want anything to do with this part of the storyline anymore.

David Hedges | 70 comments Just finished this section. I hadn't realised that Breath was Feather Witch, although I guess it makes sense as she's good with the Tiles. Also hadn't realised they were dead!! Might have to re-read these chapters to see what I missed!
I'm not enjoying this one so much, despite Tehol and Bugg and The Bonehunters. I think I'm ready for it to all be over to be honest! I have been reading this series for over a year now after all!

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3153 comments Mod
I think you will find the end satisfying, but the series is a commitment for sure! I am very glad I read the whole series and I am likely to continue to read other Malazan related books. But it's not just the time commitment, but the mental energy and the emotional investment that the books take.

It took me quite a while to connect Breath to her previous life. Some of the others were not known to us previously.