Self-Published Authors & Curious Readers discussion

Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Naylene (new)

Naylene (Nayenel) | 24 comments Mod
Welcome to the group!

Now it's time to introduce yourself. Make yourself a part of the group by saying your name and if you're an author, state your recent book or upcoming book. If you're a reader, state your favorite book.

I'll start.

My name is Naylene Rondon. I am the author of Native Foreigners.

message 2: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Morris | 1 comments My name is Aileen, and I just published The Darkness of Peoh The Darkness of Peoh (The Peoh Trilogy, #1) by Aileen Morris in July. It's the first book in a fantasy series for young adults.

message 3: by Roger (new)

Roger Hardnock (rogerhardnock) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Roger and new to this site! I'm currently in the editing stage of my first novel, Love of the Game. My favorite authors are Stephen King and John Grisham.

message 4: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Noland | 1 comments Hello everyone, I'm Jess. It's a pleasure to meet you all. In the past, I have published Dead Boys: Death is just the Beginning and am currently working on a new book, temporarily named 'Road Trip of the Damned', which is a zom-com.

message 5: by Camille (new)

Camille Siddartha | 1 comments Cami, welder, wrote two short stories that were published, musician as well and love to read...

message 6: by Naylene (new)

Welcome everyone :)

message 7: by Naylene (new)

Nice to meet you Aileen. I went ahead and put your book in the group's bookshelf so others can see it.
Aileen wrote: "My name is Aileen, and I just published The Darkness of PeohThe Darkness of Peoh (The Peoh Trilogy, #1) by Aileen Morris in July. It's the first book in a fantasy series for young adults."

message 8: by Naylene (new)

Hey Jesse. I went ahead and put your book in the group's bookshelf so others can see it.
Jesse wrote: "Hello everyone, I'm Jess. It's a pleasure to meet you all. In the past, I have published Dead Boys: Death is just the Beginning and am currently working on a new book, temporarily n..."

message 9: by Naylene (new)

Nice to Meet you, Ryan. I went ahead and added your books to the group's bookshelf.
Ryan wrote: "I'm Ryan, author of DAY ZERO of The Plague series, and THE NELSON FILES supernatural-thriller episodic series coming 1/1/16.. I also am in the process of writing the first book in a slasher horror ..."

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Miller (lindsaymariemiller) | 3 comments Hello all : ) My name is Lindsay Marie Miller and I am the author of Emerald Green, Me & Mr. Jones, and my latest release, Jungle Eyes.

Emerald Green (The Emerald Green Series Book 1) by Lindsay Marie Miller Me & Mr. Jones by Lindsay Marie Miller Jungle Eyes by Lindsay Marie Miller

message 11: by Popeye (new)

Popeye Barrnumb | 1 comments Popeye Theophilus Barrnumb is my pseudonym.
Writer, author, poet, Over-the-Hill Computer Wiz Kid. (I go into much more detail in my author bio in my books and on my website)

I have independently published a novelette, "Katydid", about a young girl trying to survive on her own in a post-apocalyptic world (e-book & paperback -- contains adult themes), a free short story singlet, "Zombie Squad: A Taste of Future Death", about two teenage girls surviving after a zombie apocalypse (Young Adult-ish teen to adult), and I am about to publish another free short story singlet, "My Perfectly Wonderful Zombie Christmas", a stream-of-consciousness diary (entry) of a man trying to keep his sanity in the throws of a zombie apocalypse. (language; older teen to adult)

I use Open Office (free M$ Word), SmashWords, and Create Space, and (partly to my chagrin) mostly read on a Kindle now.

Though I would check out Goodreads and some groups here.

http://www.iPopeye.net/

message 12: by Don (last edited Dec 22, 2015 04:05PM) (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 4 comments Hi my name is Don. I like anything about the American Civil War. I just released a Historical Fiction set in the American Civil War era entitled "I Didn't Sign Up For This". It contains the tragedy that is war as well as a PURE 19th century romance. A young man from Kentucky joins the Confederacy. He is traumatized deeply by the experience and returns home with a Post Traumatic Stress like illness, plagued by flashbacks and recurring nightmares. The love of a strong beautiful woman and even more powerful spiritual forces leads to healing and blessing. Go to authorpage.co/donckean/ also go to www.Facebook.com/IDidntSignup

message 13: by Naylene (new)

Hey Lindsay. I added your books to the group's bookshelf.
Lindsay wrote: "Hello all : ) My name is Lindsay Marie Miller and I am the author of Emerald Green, Me & Mr. Jones, and my latest release, Jungle Eyes.

Emerald Green (The Emerald Green Series Book 1) by Lindsay Marie Miller[bookcover:Me & Mr. Jones|..."

message 14: by Naylene (new)

Nice to meet you, Popeye. I found your book Zombie Squad in Goodreads and added it to the Group's bookshelf.
Popeye wrote: "Popeye Theophilus Barrnumb is my pseudonym.
Writer, author, poet, Over-the-Hill Computer Wiz Kid. (I go into much more detail in my author bio in my books and on my website)

I have independently p..."

message 15: by Naylene (new)

Nice meeting you, Don. I found your book on Goodreads and added it to the group's bookshelf.
Don wrote: "Hi my name is Don. I like anything American Civil War. I just released a Historical Fiction set in the American Civil War era entitled "I Didn't Sign Up For This". It contains the tragedy that is w..."

message 16: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 4 comments Naylene wrote: "Nice meeting you, Don. I found your book on Goodreads and added it to the group's bookshelf.
Don wrote: "Hi my name is Don. I like anything American Civil War. I just released a Historical Fiction..."

Thank You so much for the welcome and for putting my book on the shelf.

message 17: by Maria (new)

Maria Riegger | 2 comments Hi everyone!

I'm Maria, from the Washington, DC area. I write fiction, in addition to my day job :) I published my first novel a few months ago Miscalculated Risks (Law School Heretic Series, #1) by Maria Riegger and my second will be out this March.

Naylene was kind enough to interview me a little while ago and I'm psyched to join this group!

message 18: by Don (new)

Don Kean (drdonckeanext) | 4 comments Welcome Maria

message 19: by Naylene (new)

Maria wrote: "Hi everyone!

I'm Maria, from the Washington, DC area. I write fiction, in addition to my day job :) I published my first novel a few months ago Miscalculated Risks (Law School Heretic Series, #1) by Maria Riegger and my seco..."

Hey Maria, welcome to the group. I added your book to the group's bookshelf.

message 20: by Jay (new)

Jay Bee | 1 comments Hello Beautiful Authors and Curious Readers,

My name is Jay Bee and by profession I am an Engineering Manager and now an author too. Writing is my prime passion and I love to write for children. I am also heavily interested in reading and writing Mysteries/Thrillers. i wrote a few short stories and participated in some contests. My dream is to be not exactly but as close to Dr. Seuss as I can. May be one day. You never know.

My first Children's illustrated story book is out on Kindle (eBook), Amazon(Paperback), Createspace and Smashwords.

Here is the link:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Play-mon...

Smashwords:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Please leave you reviews on Goodreads here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
My email id: authorjaybee@gmail.com (less)

message 21: by David (last edited Jan 19, 2016 04:11AM) (new)

David Crossley | 11 comments Hello all. I am David E Crossley, new to Goodreads and this group so please forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place. I am a writer - now otherwise retired - with 1 novel and 4 of my own plus 1 co-operative non-fiction books on Amazon Kindle and CreateSpace. Most of them are on Lulu too, which is where I first started indie publishing. I am currently writing the next of the novel series and another non-fiction book, but I hope to get onto GoodReads whenever I take a break! For more about me please see: http://www.tfns.co.uk/about_the_autho...

Good to have found you!

message 22: by Naylene (new)

David wrote: "Hello all. I am David E Crossley, new to Goodreads and this group so please forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place. I am a writer - now otherwise retired - with 1 novel and 4 of my own plus..."

Don't worry, you're in the right place. Glad to have you as part of our group.

message 23: by Brandon (new)

Brandon M. (brandonlipani) My name is Brandon Lipani I published the book The Pangram Killer I am very proud of it something I wrote cause my daughter us always saying how there is not good Female Detectives. I have been told for years I was a great story teller. I have gotten a lot of positive response so I have decided to write a second book but in time. Thank you for the add and I hope you enjoy my book.

message 24: by Naylene (new)

Naylene wrote: "David wrote: "Hello all. I am David E Crossley, new to Goodreads and this group so please forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place. I am a writer - now otherwise retired - with 1 novel and 4 ..."

Hey Brandon. Glad you joined the group. I love the idea of a female detective. I'll be sure to add your book.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy Cobb | 2 comments Hello,My name is Amy and I wrote and self-published my biography on Amazon Kindle A Hard-Knock Life: A true story about one man's reign of terror on his family And it is about the hard life my family and I had, And the abuse we had to endure from our father. I talk about when my mother and father were dating and into their marriage and what my childhood was like and as I grew into an adult and how our life changed after he died.

message 26: by Elke (new)

Elke Silvarain (elkesilvarain) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Elke Silvarain and I'm the author of "The Tenants of Earth", a YA urban fantasy/paranormal series about a girl who has lost everyone and moves to a small town in British Columbia to live with her estranged aunt. She soon discovers disturbing abilities and a hidden heritage that she can only embrace if she lets go of the tight control she has over her destructive mind. But she has the help of an elk who won't leave her side after she saves his life. She just needs to find out if there's more to this elk than meets the eye.

The first book in the series, "Hidden Dawn", is on sale now: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I love writing and was inspired by a dream I had and a keen interest in First Nation folklore. I am an unashamed introvert and writing helps me survive the world which I can find very overwhelming at times. I love to connect with other indie authors. I used to work in publishing and now freelance editorial services but I self-publish by choice. Read into that what you will!

message 27: by Kiran (last edited Feb 15, 2017 04:18PM) (new)

Kiran Prasad (kiranprasad) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Kiran Prasad, a new self-help author. My book "A Mindful Move: Feel at home again" just got released this week on Kindle ebook (paperback to follow in a few days). My book is for anyone moving for the first time or going through a difficult move. It will help people overcome the emotional effects of relocating and to understand the psychological impact. At the heart of it is a spiritual message that our true home is inside of ourselves. My book is based on my experience of moving 29 times, the moves of 30 people I interviewed, and on expert research.

"A Mindful Move" is free to download now until midnight on February 17. Here's the link https://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Move-F...

message 28: by C.L. (last edited Mar 08, 2017 02:35PM) (new)

C.L. Brees (clbrees) | 2 comments An Unsettled PastHi, I'm C.L. Brees, a new YA thriller/suspense author from Maryland. I released my first novel, An Unsettled Past, last summer and am currently working on the sequel, Dark Ending, which is tentatively due to be released sometime this fall.

If you want to know more, please feel free to visit my webpage at: www.clbreesauthor.com

Glad to be a part of this group!

C.L. Brees

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lurquette (melissa_lurquette) | 1 comments Hello, fellow authors! I am a brand spanking new indie author who just released my debut novel "A Beautiful Bounty: Book One of the Davenport Trilogy" on Amazon. I thought I would be able to come up for air now that my book is for sale, but alas, this marketing and promotion thing is harder than writing!
Anyway, what is my book about? Romance, love, adventure, passion, and there are villains, of course. It is a riveting historical romance story that travels from the wilds of Oregon to the California vineyards; a captivating novel that takes the reader on a journey with outlaws and bounty hunters, intertwined with a contentious love story!
Would love to hear your thoughts if you decide to take a chance on my book.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3CRBZ1

message 30: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hamilton (ruthhamilton) | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Ruth and I've recently published a personal growth book called Beautiful: Simple, everyday advice for improving your self-esteem and living the life you deserve It's an easy read, written especially for women and has received great reviews so far.

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa and am hugely enjoying the entire indie publishing experience, as well as connecting with fellow authors who are going through the same process. I'm looking for reviews for my book and am always happy to review other indie authors too.

message 31: by Leo (new)

Leo Borgelin | 2 comments *Check mic* Allow me to reintroduce myself my name is...

Hahha. Hey everyone! My name is Leo Borgelin and I'm the upcoming writer of the book called The Sun Came Through My Window To Say Hello. What's it about? Wel check out this short poem and see...

We Were Once Gods

We were once Gods,
living high in the mountain tops
Free of order, roaming the free land,
The day was young, but it had yet to grow,
Giving time the opening to run aimlessly

But then the day grew old,
Time limited itself, order became my captor
holding me with its bare hands as time marks my new boundaries,
I now sit on a flat land with no ups and downs
Restricted to travel a day's worth abroad my new land,
Never again are we to reach our beloved land

The mountains were high
And the Greenland was low,
Never again we were to access our beloved land,
Foreign to us as we now know it,
But still strong in our roots
To only serve as a reminder to what kind of life we once lived,
As our only option we helped these new Gods grow,
Nurturing the Gods because they remind us of what was once ours,

For we too were once in their land,
As we had fallen from the mountain tops,
They will do accordingly,
Side by side in the land where time age,
No longer in the Mountains where youth persist
For this is the life of us Gods

message 32: by Danya (new)

Danya Raquel | 1 comments My name is Danya Raquel. I am 19 years old. My first novel launched last month. I live in South Africa. So great to meet you all!

message 33: by Naylene (new)

Danya wrote: "My name is Danya Raquel. I am 19 years old. My first novel launched last month. I live in South Africa. So great to meet you all!"

Welcome to the group!

message 34: by Naylene (new)

Leo wrote: "*Check mic* Allow me to reintroduce myself my name is...

Hahha. Hey everyone! My name is Leo Borgelin and I'm the upcoming writer of the book called The Sun Came Through My Window To Say Hello. Wh..."

Welcome! I like that the excerpt was a poem. Intriguing.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Goldsmith | 1 comments Greetings and salutations!

I'm Sarah, an aspiring writer who's just launched myself to the self-publishing world with A Taste of the Peculiar, my collection of strange and puzzling short stories.

It'll be great to swap tips and ideas on self-publishing with you all!

message 36: by J (new)

J Lynn (jlynnauthor) | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name is Jamie, but I go by J Lynn as my pen name. I am an up-and-coming (Indie) author, and working on my first book in a couple years called "Dark Secrets". I'm hoping to work on it through November for NaNoWriMo, and to finish it, edit it, and publish it by Dec. or early next year. I also have another book project coming up called "The Things We Lost", about people who have lost someone/something close to them and how it affects them.

message 37: by Serhat (new)

Serhat Pala | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Serhat Pala and I just published and launched my first book Getting Unstuck 101: Transitioning from Employee to Entrepreneur. It is aimed at people who feel stuck in a corporate job and who want to break free and start their own business.

message 38: by Nanci (new)

Nanci Bergman | 1 comments Hi there! My name is Nanci Bergman. I just wrote and published my first book Prioritize Fun: A manifesto for those who want to enjoy life, not endure it.

message 39: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Brees (clbrees) | 2 comments Hey everyone! My name is Chris, and I’m the author of three mystery/thriller novels. My latest work is called Among the Ashes.

message 40: by Holly (new)

Holly Bohling | 1 comments Greetings, I am the author of two Goodreads books, Tainted Names and The Old Recipe Box. Tainted Names is a historical fiction based on post civil war experience of the Mudd family after Abraham Lincoln's assassination. I am currently writing another historical post Civil War novel about a soldier's return home.

message 41: by R.K. (new)

R.K. Shailey | 1 comments Greetings! My name is Raj and I have recently authored my first short story in the series named, Baháʼu'lláh and the mission of "God Manifestation". This work is not just any other fiction but inherently implies religious teachings and wisdom through "truth as fiction" writing style for a spiritually initiated reader. This may also be utilised as a tool for meditation by the reader in grasping subtle realities of the universe and its laws in absolute term.
Love.Peace

message 42: by Sara (new)

Sara MacKenzie | 9 comments Good morning! My name is Sara MacKenzie. I just published through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. My 1st book is called "A World So Bright and Dark". It's in journal format, written by a naive teenager. I am working on my next book about the Salem Witch Trials.

message 43: by Cendrine (new)

Cendrine Marrouat (cendrinemarrouat) Hello everyone!

I am a photographer, poet and the author of 15 books in four genres: poetry, photography, theatre, and social media. I am also the co-founder of FPoint Collective and Auroras & Blossoms Poetry Journal. Finally, I created the Sixku and Reminigram.

message 44: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Yaw (yawjianfong) | 3 comments Good afternoon!

I am an amateur novelist and artist who enjoys making up his own worlds and languages, and I aspire to be Malaysia's next Tolkien.

message 45: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 17, 2020 09:07AM) (new)

message 46: by Zev (new)

Zev Bordowitz | 1 comments Hi, my name is Zev Bordowitz, and I have now published my first book, Light & Lavender: a novel in verse!!!

It will be out on Amazon in July!!

I am so excited and I am here to make friends with other writers.

message 47: by Paul (new)

Paul Raymer | 4 comments Greetings! I'm Paul H. Raymer, a Goodreads Author. My latest novel, Death at the Edge of the Diamond, was published on July 17, 2020. And now comes the real work: promoting and selling.

message 48: by Elleon (new)

Elleon | 1 comments Hi everyone,
I'm Elleon from Atlanta, GA. Besides eating I love to read. Harry Nostrils and a Mole is my new book, which is an adventure story told through the lens of a cat, a dog and yes even a garden mole.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 49: by Paul (new)

Paul Raymer | 4 comments Congratulations, Elleon!

message 50: by Robecca (new)

Robecca Austin | 1 comments Hello! I’m Robecca.

I write historical romance both novel length and steamy short stories. My first novel length is The Captain’s Lady and short story is Champion of the Isles.

I look forward to reading and meeting new authors!

« previous 1