All About Animals discussion

The Starling God
This topic is about The Starling God
Past Group Book Discussions: > The Starling God by Tanya Sousa

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara, Founder and Moderator (new) - added it

Barbara (lv2scpbk) | 1256 comments Mod
Dec. 2015 book group read. Discuss here.

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Sousa | 40 comments I've had people tell me that they will never look at birds the same way after reading this. I'm curious if readers here feel the same way, and if so - why? I've also had people say they have some difficulty at the start getting into the "world", but once they do they find it absorbing. Also curious about why this might be so (from both the positive and negative aspects) if anyone has feedback. :-)

Marsha Downs | 1 comments I loved this book as I am into seeing this world through the eyes of something other than the human perspective. And seeing this through the eyes of birds, which are one of my favorite species, was a gift. I can understand why some might have a bit of a struggle at first, as we are so limited in our finite minds of being human. To walk in another species shoes, sort to speak, is not an easy shift. And once that is accomplished through good writing, it is absorbing. So many are "stuck" in their human bodies that they do not think about how another species might look upon life. I felt this book did a wonderful thing in bringing people into that outlook. For me it was easy, as I am a total nature and bird lover that always has put myself in another's shoes, even birds. For many, though, it may not be quite as easy, especially if they are not surrounded by nature as I am fortunate to be. Congratulations, Tanya, on this award. Very well deserved. It's a marvelous book and I love it.

message 4: by Kalena (new) - added it

Kalena (bookt2) I am sorry I just found this group! After reading about this book, I went ahead and purchased it. I will look for you to pick your brain when I finally get to delve into it. Great pick!

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Sousa | 40 comments I'm looking forward to your feedback, Kalena. Glad someone else will discuss it. Ideas are only as useful as they're read, shared, discussed. :-)

Kalena wrote: "I am sorry I just found this group! After reading about this book, I went ahead and purchased it. I will look for you to pick your brain when I finally get to delve into it. Great pick!"