All About Animals discussion

Past Group Book Discussions: > Harlow & Sage (and Indiana): A True Story About Best Friends

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara, Founder and Moderator (new)

Barbara (lv2scpbk) | 1257 comments Mod
Dec. 2015 book group read. Discuss here.

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 193 comments This is a lovely book even if you are not a Weim or Doxey person. Many dog memoirs are boring and a lot of people don't like books written by dogs but this is the best I have read and a second book is out now. The photos are great, too.

message 3: by C. (new)

C. | 23 comments Sweet read, but not a favorite. Thought the Weimaraner had creepy eyes in the photos, and all of the dog's nails were too long, but the narration was sweet and cute.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 193 comments Yes, the narration is excellent. I wish she would publish the same book but with labs or goldens or pitties!

message 5: by Nick (new)

Nick | 22 comments I was wondering what the author said or held up to get that look in the eyes! My late poodle would get a similar (although not quite as crazy and maniacal) look when I said "Cheerios!"

Also I could have done with fewer Meryl Streep mentions!!

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick | 22 comments On the whole I really did enjoy it. There is another one out with a new addition- which I'm hoping is just as cute : )

message 7: by Nick (new)

Nick | 22 comments On the whole I really did enjoy it. There is another one out with a new addition- which I'm hoping is just as cute : )

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 193 comments I loved the Meryl Streep references!

Barb (Boxermommyreads) (boxermommy) | 1 comments I read this book in November and really loved it. I thought it was super-cute how it was from the dog's POV and it was a great look at how dogs handle loss. As mentioned, there is a new one which I hope to read in 2016. The author has a blog/website as well which features the pups.