2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > Good Reads Choice Award winner or nominee

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
The winner have just been released, lots of great ones, I'll likely read either Mindy Kaling's or Azis Ansari's for this prompt.

message 2: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I was wanting to read the Azis Ansari one too, but my library don't have it, so I think I've decided on The Boston Girl Sounds interesting.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) I'm thinking I will probably read one of these.. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon or Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Inside the O'Briens was great! If you like Still Alice, you'd like this. It was similar in feel and narrative but almost opposite in a lot of ways (physical disease vs mental, male power vs female intellect etc) I read it for my book that came out this year.

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) I loved Still Alice so I'm very pleased to see you say that!

message 6: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments That reminds me, I would like to read Still Alice (adds to my TBR list and wonders if it would fit in to any of my prompts!)

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments Another group I'm in is talking about reading Go Set a Watchman as a monthly read, if they do that then I'll read that for this prompt. I'd also like to read Still Alice and Inside the O' Briens also, I'm sure I could fit them into a prompt

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I read Landline for this prompt which was the 2014 winner for Fiction. I personally wouldn't have given it top honors but I did enjoy the book for what it was, an easy read if not a very thought provoking one.