Kenyons Minions discussion

Fire and Ice (The League: Nemesis Rising #3.5, The League: Nemesis Legacy #1)
This topic is about Fire and Ice
Fire and Ice BOTM

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments NOTE: This story can be found in the anthologies, Man of My Dreams (includes The League, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and In Other Worlds (Were-Hunter #0.5; The League, Gen 2 #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon . Currently it cannot be found as a standalone story, to the best of my knowledge.

The following synopsis was taken from the official website:

The League story with Adron (son of Nykyrian and Kiara). Adron Quiakides was the fiercest of the League Assassins. As his father before him, none could touch him until the day he traded himself for a pregnant hostage.

Butchered and left for dead, he barely survived. That single act of kindness cost him everything and left him emotionally and physically crippled.

Livia typpa Vista is a noblewoman trying to escape a horrifying marriage her father is forcing her into. When she mistakenly sits down at Adron’s table while fleeing her pursuers, she has no idea that by running from her fate, she meets her destiny.

message 2: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you like.

1. Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

2. Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

3. What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

And a couple of bonus questions:
1. If you are re-reading this book, did you notice anything this time around, that you missed the first time?

2. If you are re-reading this book, has your opinion(s) of the book and/or the characters changed? If so, how?

message 3: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (last edited Dec 04, 2015 08:44AM) (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments So ... this was my first time reading the story. And don't get me wrong, it was a nice story. It was heartbreaking to read about what had happened to Adron, but good to see how Livia helped him heal and to live again.

As a standalone, it was a nice novella/short story. As part of the League ... I can't say that it was my favorite story. At all. Because so much had been cut out of it to make it an ebook in the first place, I felt like we were missing a LOT of story that should have been there, as silly as that probably sounds. We caught glimpses of some familiar characters--and of course, this is the story that mentions Thia's eventual disappearance--but very little else.

Maybe it's because I got a little spoiled, after reading the last three League books, which were incredibly rich in detail, that I found this story a little lacking. But hopefully someday SK will be able to republish the book as a full-length novel. =)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments I wanted it to be longer too. It was good as a novella, but as a full novel with everything fleshed out it'd be fan-freakin-tastic.

message 5: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments I absolutely agree, Rachel, it would be a fantastic book in full length. =)