Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > December (2015) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Are there any new releases this month that you're excited about? Please do tell us about them if you are.

If you follow the link below, you'll find Goodreads Most Popular Books Published In December 2015 List (Top 200 books published in December 2015 that people have added on Goodreads)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

I was quite excited to see UnBound (Unwind Dystology Book 5) by Neal Shusterman UnBound
I had no idea this was happening.

I'm looking forward to Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward Blood Kiss
A spin off to Black Dagger Brotherhood series, that is supposedly going back to concentrating on the original brothers.

Also interested in It's. Nice. Outside. by Jim Kokoris It's. Nice. Outside.

message 2: by Savanes, Moderator (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:30AM) (new)

Savanes | 2044 comments Mod
Unbound is definitely on my list. I loved, loved, loved this series. It's Nice outside could be nice ;)

I'm also interested in Thicker Than Water Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer and Ashley Bell Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz by Dean Koontz

message 3: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I haven't read Undivided yet, but seeing Unbound makes me realize, I should read both soon!

Seems like a lot of the popular new releases are later volumes in a series .. not very surprising as those tend to be the books people wait for and read right away.

Darkness Reigns sounds interesting (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...) (Can't find this via add book/author) and it's free on amazon. So, I might try it. I also like Santino Hassell and might try his new book, but the brief doesn't sound all that interesting.
Or, perhaps The Conqueror's Wife: A Novel of Alexander the Great

I doubt I'll get to any of these in December though as I'll be too busy with the group reads etc this month.

message 4: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I can't wait for City of Blades City of Blades (The Divine Cities, #2) by Robert Jackson Bennett .. btw.

and of course Kings Rising Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3) by C.S. Pacat

message 5: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Janina wrote: "Darkness Reigns sounds interesting (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...) (Can't find this via add book/author) "

Bizzare, it's there .... Darkness Reigns (The Kinsman Chronicles #1.1) by Jill Williamson Darkness Reigns

message 6: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Thanks Janina. Those 2 books sound amazing. I added to my TBR the first books of the series.

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Only one left for this year, Barsk The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard, sounds different.

message 8: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I missed that one. Definitely sounds intriguing ...

message 9: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
So the Goodreads Newsletter is out and they've named the following as the Best Books of the Month.

The Age of Reinvention A Novel by Karine Tuil The Age of Reinvention: A Novel
The Short Drop by Matthew FitzSimmons The Short Drop
Médicis Daughter A Novel of Marguerite de Valois by Sophie Perinot Médicis Daughter: A Novel of Marguerite de Valois
Operation Thunderbolt Flight 139 and the Raid on Entebbe Airport, the Most Audacious Hostage Rescue Mission in History by Saul David Operation Thunderbolt: Flight 139 and the Raid on Entebbe Airport, the Most Audacious Hostage Rescue Mission in History
Bandersnatch C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings by Diana Pavlac Glyer Bandersnatch: C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings
The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett The Anatomical Shape of a Heart

Do any of these catch your eye? Let us know what you if you plan to read any of them ..... and of course don't forget to come back and let us know what you thought of them!

message 10: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I might try A Short Drop, but I'll wait to see if the reviews stay as high. Otherwise, not really anything that appeals to me ..

message 11: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) I'm looking forward to reading What She KnewWhat She Knew by Gilly MacMillan by Gilly MacMillan. The reviews look good!

message 12: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
So we're coming towards the end of December, did anyone read a new release they'd recommend?

message 13: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

I didn't but there's one more book I find promising in the historical fiction category: The Conqueror's Wife: A Novel of Alexander the Great The Conqueror's Wife A Novel of Alexander the Great by Stephanie Thornton .

message 14: by Angela M (new)

Angela M I read House of the Rising Sun: A Novel. It was the first book I've read by this author and in spite of the violence, I liked it a lot .

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6032 comments Mod
Savanes - The Conqueror's Wife looks good too.

I haven't read any of the new releases yet this month. I intend to read UnBound at some point, but I'm still working my way through that series.