The Blades of Acktar discussion

Deny (The Blades of Acktar, #2)
This topic is about Deny
General > Non-Facebook Launch Party (Deny)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments I know some of you were disappointed you couldn't go to the Facebook Launch Party for Deny. So I've decided to try something a little different. We'll see how this goes. While the Facebook party is happening this Friday, I'll also post the same questions to this Goodreads board. You won't get the cool pictures to go along with it, but you'll be able to participate in a mini party over here. For those of you on this discussion board who also have Facebook, you'll be flooded with notifications from both Facebook and Goodreads. Sorry about that.

Alyssa | 171 comments Yay!! Can't wait! :D

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Oh, that's so cool! I can't wait! Thank you! One question. Are we allowed to post spoilers? I get Deny tomorrow and my big mouth will be full of spoilers.

message 4: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments @Hannah - There is a discussion board for Deny set up on here where you are more than welcome to post spoilers. Everyone there has already read the book.

Alyssa | 171 comments Yep! And I'd LOVE to have another person to scream talk to about the book. :P

message 6: by Tricia (last edited Dec 04, 2015 11:58AM) (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments 4 hours until the Facebook party! And this, unofficial Goodreads party! :)

Sarah | 28 comments Yay!

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Now it's just two! Ek, I can't wait! :D

Alyssa | 171 comments Yay!!

Realization: I. Will. Be. Gone. D:

Alyssa | 171 comments Wait, I still might be able to make an appearance! XD

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica Banschbach | 9 comments I just finished Deny an hour ago!!! Sooo good!!!!

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments @Alyssa Oh,gumdrops. How much will you be able to attend?

@Monica I know isn't it? Now you need to fangirl with us!

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica Banschbach | 9 comments I need "Defy" right now!! All I'm thinking is "Come on Martyn! You have to help Renna! Get it together will you!"

Alyssa | 171 comments @Hannah I'll be at a friend's house watching a movie, but I'm bringing my computer, so all I need is their internet password. I should be able to pop in a little.

@Monica IKR?? Isn't it AMAZING!!

message 15: by Monica (new)

Monica Banschbach | 9 comments Anyone who has not read the book I'm sorry for spoiling it! My inner fan girl just kinda took over.

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Lol! *clucks toungue at Martyn* He'll come around.....I think. I can't wait till Defy!!!!!

Alyssa | 171 comments I CANNOT WAIT 'TIL DEFY! LIKE, IF I'M GONNA LIVE, I NEED IT!! Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. I was being a little over dramatic. :P

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Well, at least we don't have to wait terribly long. Just long. Surely we can find something to plug the hole in our hearts for a few months......*whimper*

message 19: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments @ Hannah - Considering Samara's Peril should be releasing during that time, I think you'll all survive. I kinda figure all of you fangirls are just on loan from Jaye while waiting for the next Ilyon Chronicles book to come out. ;)

Claire Banschbach | 58 comments Alyssa wrote: "I CANNOT WAIT 'TIL DEFY! LIKE, IF I'M GONNA LIVE, I NEED IT!! Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. I was being a little over dramatic. :P"

Hehe! I was just discussing it with Monica and another sister and had basically the same thought, Alyssa! :P

Alyssa | 171 comments @Tricia I guess. Ilyon is great. :)

@Claire :P

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Yeah, I guess that might be. So, it will be Samara's Peril, Defy, A Time to ___, then D---.(TBOA 4) man, can't wait till next year! It shall be grand.

Alyssa | 171 comments @Hannah Yes!! That is true!! 2016 is gonna be awesome!! XD

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Yeah! It's seven. Time for the party to begin!!!!!!

Sarah | 28 comments I'm ready to party!

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments *goes to nearest tree and cracks off a branch* *pulls marshmallows out of bag and roasts one* Want a marshmallow anyone?

message 27: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments Sorry, things got a little crazy over on Facebook! How are you guys over here? Sounds like you're already reaching for the marshmallows! I made food for everyone! I made gruel, which is better than it sounds. It's my family's mix of ground beef, ham, any other meat we want to toss in, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and baked beans. What's your favorite meal to cook over the fire?

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments We ussaly just do smores and stuff, but sometimes we make hot dogs and stuff. *takes gruel* Thanks! *tastes it* Yum, not bad. It's really good!

Sarah | 28 comments Smores! Definitely. I believe smores count as a favorite meal to cook over a campfire. Cause normally I get so full of them I have no more room for anything else. :)

message 30: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments Let's sing around the campfire for a while! What's your favorite song to sing?

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Hmmmm, that's a hard one. I could never figure out what song I liked the most. I really like At the Cross (Love ran red) I'm not to great at campfire songs though.

Sarah | 28 comments Yes! Home on the range is my favorite campfire song to sing . :) what about yours Tricia?

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Home on the range, hm. Yeah, I kinda forgot about that one. That's like the only one I know though.:P :)

message 34: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments @Hannah - for my birthday, my brothers gave me tickets to see Chris Tomlin live in concert with good seats too. It was awesome! So I've heard Love Ran Red in person!

message 35: by Hannah (last edited Dec 04, 2015 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Oh that's so cool!!! I love concerts there the best! I've been to two concerts before. One with Casting Crowns and another with Sidewalk Prophets. Love ran red is like one of my all time favorite songs. I would love to hear it in person sometime!

message 36: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments You guys have all read Deny, right? Well, here's a link to the song that they sing during the climax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlQwY...

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Oh my word! I thought about asking what it was, and oh my word I can't wait to hear it! I loved it in thebook!!!!k

Sarah | 28 comments I haven't read Deny yet, (still waiting for it to be delivered) so I guess that means I should stay away from the link. For now...

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Yes you should Sarah. I hope I don't cry when I listen to it. (Yes, Sarah its that sad) It will probably be my favorite song.

message 40: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments Here's a giveaway you guys can do! Add Dare or Deny on Goodreads and say that you did!

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments I've read both and there on my shelves on Goodreads does that count?

message 42: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments Time for marshmallows!!!!!

message 43: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments I don't know about you, but I sometimes have animal visitors when cooking around the campfire. Usually raccoons. When I was little, we once had raccoons get a hold of marshmallows and Diet Coke, and we had to retreat into our motorhome to escape the sugar-buzzed coons (those Texas raccoons are a little crazy)! Any one else have animals crash their campfire?

message 44: by Hannah (last edited Dec 04, 2015 05:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Woah, no I don't think so. Wait did you live in Texas? I. Don't Think we have many Racoons where I live.

message 45: by Monica (new)

Monica Banschbach | 9 comments Sugar rush!!. . . I mean marshmallows!!!!!

message 46: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments Hannah wrote: "Woah, no I don't think so. Wait did you live in Texas? I. Think whave many Racoons where I live."

No, that was on a vacation to Texas. I live in Michigan.

message 47: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Mingerink | 161 comments My absolute favorite thing to do around a campfire is tell stories. When camping, my friends and I will stay up late around the fire telling everything from fairy tales to myths and legends to stories we've made up ourselves. What stories do you like to tell around the fire?

Sarah | 28 comments That sounds fun! Shamefully the campfires I've been at don't normally involve stories. On the rare occasion my family has a campfire we invite other families. We hear stories about what's happening in people's lives and get into really deep conversations (which is a rare bonding treat) campfires is a great occasion to reconnect.

Sarah | 28 comments But next time we have a campfire I will suggest stories, cause that sounds really fun!

Hannah Rodes (mybookcaseandi) | 235 comments Yeah, or we play games. You know I need to put That on my bucket list. *goes in search of paper and pen*

« previous 1