What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

151 views
Suggest books for me > Romance book with a hero being social outcast

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 518 comments Looking for romance books with a hero that is social outcast.

It could be either historical, paranormal, contemporary or sci-fi alien romance but no pure erotica.
For example I enjoyed Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan, Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'Connell or Keir byPippa Jay but disliked Tales of Shareem series by Allyson James
Any help would be highly appreciated!


message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 518 comments Some of them I have already read but I'm definitely going to try to get the rest of them. Thanks!


message 4: by Mrsbooks (last edited Dec 02, 2015 11:42AM) (new)

Mrsbooks | 256 comments Anna wrote: "Some of them I have already read but I'm definitely going to try to get the rest of them. Thanks!"

No prob! I've thought of a couple more...

Gentle Rogue
And another one of my favorites: Morning Glory

And I actually had meant to add Cruel Beauty instead of Crimson Bound.


message 5: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 195 comments I highly second The Sweet Gum Tree. I love that book <3

And I'll add Pushing the Limits


message 6: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 195 comments ^ by Katie McGarry


message 7: by Anna (last edited Dec 04, 2015 03:00AM) (new)

Anna | 518 comments I've already read: Cruel Beauty, The Outsider and Sing My Name. The rest of books I've added to my to read list, though I'm not so sure I will like Morning Glory if it's in any way similar to Hummingbird also by LaVyrle Spencer. I totally detested both hero and heroine of Hummingbird up to the point of wishing that something went so awry that they would die at the end of the book (yeah, I know I'm a horrible person).


message 9: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 302 comments Anna wrote: "I've already read: Cruel Beauty, The Outsider and Sing My Name. The rest of books I've added to my to read list, though I'm not so sure I will like Morning Glory if it's in any way si..."

I really liked Morning Glory and hated Hummingbird so much I couldn't read all of it. So give MG a try if you can. The MC's are much more likable. :)

Also look at:
Bone Deep
Mine Till Midnight
Kiss of Steel
Seduce Me at Sunrise
Simple Jess
The Texan's Wager
This Time Forever


message 10: by Anna (last edited Dec 07, 2015 02:02PM) (new)

Anna | 518 comments I've already given MG a try and it was totally worth it. First half was definitely better (and I would liked it to end there, before Will got drafted), but still it was 4+ star read:). Now I'm going to go for The Sweet Gum Tree:).


message 11: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 256 comments Sigh, I wish I could read The Sweet Gum Tree again for the first time.

Glad you liked Morning Glory. I haven't read Hummingbird but it's on my to read list. Now I'm not so sure Lol. There have been a few books by Spencer that were terrible enough I couldn't finish as well as a few I loved. It would be nice if she were more consistent. But I guess somebody likes them when if it's not us.


message 12: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 256 comments Teri-k wrote: "Anna wrote: "I've already read: Cruel Beauty, The Outsider and Sing My Name. The rest of books I've added to my to read list, though I'm not so sure I will like Morning Glory if it's ..."

I second Simple Jess.


message 13: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments Nevermore is one of my favorite series!


message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna | 518 comments Brooke wrote: "Nevermore is one of my favorite series!"

Thanks for reminding me of it:). I have to finish this series (I've already read 2 of 3 books) - when I last checked on it the third book wasn't out yet, and then I have simply forgotten to keep on checking.


message 15: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments Anna wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Nevermore is one of my favorite series!"

Thanks for reminding me of it:). I have to finish this series (I've already read 2 of 3 books) - when I last checked on it th..."


I really enjoyed the last book, so definitely catch up when you have the time! :)


back to top