♥ BR ♥ discussion

Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)
This topic is about Oblivion
Oblivion

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥  | 2388 comments Mod
Start date to be confirmed...

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Let me know when you guys are starting this. :)

message 3: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Jeanne  (jeannel1) | 2186 comments Mod
Did you decide that you can't resist Daemon, Fran?!?! :)

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Pretty much. :)) Can't wait to read this!

message 5: by Ksenia (new) - added it

Ksenia | 17 comments I had no idea there would be Daemon's POV!

Same! Are you joining this one Ksenia?

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments This better be worth it! :)

Hope so! Book 1 was so long ago. It be like reading it for the first time anyways now even if it is Daemons pov

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments This includes Onyx, Opal and Obsidian right?

I don't think so?? It would be too much to cram in one book??

message 11: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments It does! I just checked. :D

message 12: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments I mean in Daemon's POV

message 13: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Fran wrote: "This includes Onyx, Opal and Obsidian right?"

Yes! That's one of the reasons I decided to read it, I think one book would feel repetitive.

message 14: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments *sigh* Daemon's awesome.

message 15: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Fran wrote: "*sigh* Daemon's awesome."

ikr? He's a baby Dex. :)

message 16: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Yeah. So arrogant and sexy. ;)

I'm off to bed in a bit so I'll catch up with you and Ami tomorrow. Don't have too much fun with Daemon without me. Haha

message 17: by Jeanne (new) - added it

That's perfect...I don't have time to read until my tonight, which might work out. haha. Good night, Fran! :)

Night Fran. I haven't even started yet :)

message 19: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Morning girls! My day's pretty much going to be mucked up by Daemon. Probably won't be able to do anything else than read. Haha

message 20: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments I'm just at 4% and it's really fun to remember those early days of Daemon and Katy's relationship. <3

Ah forgot how much of a douche he was <3 I only just started. Don't tell me you are done already

message 22: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Lol of course not. I'm only at 14%. I like his POV so far. It actually feels "new".

Yes I think so too!!! Some of these kinda books just feel like a copy and paste job. This actually feels new! And some of his POV so funny

message 24: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Funny and more douchey! Haha. I believe no one's going to DNF this time. :)

message 25: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Fran wrote: "I'm just at 4% and it's really fun to remember those early days of Daemon and Katy's relationship. <3"

Haha, it is. It's cracking me up...his pervy thoughts and bad attitude. He's so cute, he carried her stuff because he just couldn't help it.

message 26: by Jeanne (new) - added it

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Yes I think so too!!! Some of these kinda books just feel like a copy and paste job. This actually feels new! And some of his POV so funny"

So funny, and it does feel new. It's also been awhile, so I'd forgotten some things. :)

message 27: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments I can still pretty much remember everything that happened in Obsidian. *sigh* *swoon* I really do love Daemon, even if he's a bigger jerk in his POV. Lol.

I'm about to start Onyx now. :) How about you two?

Boo!! Don't read it all Fran lol. I'm still at 7%... Gonna carry on after dinner. Really liking Daemons pov :))

message 29: by Jeanne (new) - added it

I'm about the same as Ami. I'm getting my hair colored and forgot my kindle, boo! I'm loving Daemon!

message 30: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Oblivion makes me want to read the series again. :D I won't have a lot of reading time today so I'm sure you guys can catch up.

I'm at the same spot from yday and don't have much time today either :(

message 32: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments So I'm done.

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Sorry I didn't wait for you girls. I wanted to get it over with and read something else this weekend. Honestly, I have a feeling you'll probably skip Onyx and Opal. Lol

message 34: by Jeanne (new) - added it

I'm the same Ami. OK, I'm going to be honest. I love Daemon, I think the book in this series with his POV was my favorite. JLA is the worst for repetitvely mentioning physical attributes though. Drives me crazy. Did you know that Katy has long legs and grey eyes?!? :)

message 35: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments What amused me most was her use of more recent popular slang. I forgot the specific words/phrases but I just thought it was funny. Considering this was supposed to be during Obsidian, which was published three years ago, I'm pretty sure Daemon shouldn't have talked that way yet. Lol

message 36: by Jeanne (new) - added it

haha! I'll have to look for that Fran! :)

3 stars? I thought Daemon would have earned more stars than that. At least it's an improvement from KDs book lol

Yea I can see how repetitive it can get as the book goes on. It's why I rarely read male povs... It's like its on repeat like they don't think about anything else other than sex

message 39: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments 3.5! ;)

Well, Onyx and Opal became a bit tedious to read. I cheated again and just chose the parts I wanted to read about. With Onyx, I remembered how annoyed I got before when Katy was like "No you can't possibly like me, Daemon. You don't want to be with me." blah blah. So I got annoyed again. With Opal, all I really wanted was to read his thoughts when Katy got trapped and left behind. The feels!

message 40: by [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ (last edited Dec 09, 2015 01:45PM) (new)

I'm so sorry Fran and Jeanne. I gave up on this book
>.< it was actually really good and I think based on the first few chapters i would have rated 4. But coz I already know the plot it wasn't really gripping me. Boo! Hope our next BR will be better

message 41: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Me too Ami! I started that other book this morning.:).

message 42: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Lol no worries ladies. :) The Obsidian POV was the only one that I did enjoy but even then I skimmed!

Amber | 50 comments Ugh, you guys. This book is taking me FOREVER to get through. I really loved the first one. I thought it gave a new and fresh perspective from Daemon and I didn't feel like I was reading the same book over again. Book 2 I wanted to really see what Daemon was feeling with the whole Katy training with Blake thing. I have to say that the book made me absolutely hate Katy. I mean, first and foremost she is a book reader. She has probably read about this scenario a THOUSAND times. Mysterious guy shows up that knows things he shouldn't, he's just conveniently there and knows everything about the DOD and what they are looking for and can help train her? Seriously?!? She doesn't even find this fishy AT ALL?? She is SO dumb. Then to read about Thanksgiving again with Daemon being so sweet to her and then his reaction to finding out the VERY NEXT DAY she went and met with Blake? Omgosh. I seriously wanted him to dump her. I spent the entire thing wishing some other girl would show up and he would go with her instead. I am not FINALLY on book 3. I'm hoping this one will pick up a bit because I didn't enjoy that last installment. Not to mention I am SO busy and it's taken me forever to even get this far!

Amber | 50 comments Jeanne wrote: "Me too Ami! I started that other book this morning.:)."

What are you reading now, Jeanne?

message 45: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments I agree with you, Amber. Loved the first one, could have done without the other 2. But reading the second especially, man, I remembered how annoyed I was at Katy. As for the third, I skimmed through that a lot, BUT THE ENDING... When Katy got left behind... THE FEELS! That was the kind of POV I wanted.