Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)
This topic is about Oblivion
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Oblivion (Lux #1.5), by Jennifer Armentrout → Start Date: December 26th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Please join Trisha, Vicki, Anna, and I as we read Oblivion!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can't believe it is finally out and I got it in the mail today! YAY!! This should be a GOOD one!!!

Thanks for making the thread!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "I can't believe it is finally out and I got it in the mail today! YAY!! This should be a GOOD one!!!

Thanks for making the thread!"

Your welcome. I was excited when I came home from class today and it was waiting for me.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ashlyn wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I can't believe it is finally out and I got it in the mail today! YAY!! This should be a GOOD one!!!

Thanks for making the thread!"

Your welcome. I was excited when I came home from..."

It's always such a thrill to get a book in the mail!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I Just picked up my copy from my library! I can hardly believe I have it already! LOL

I can't wait to start!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know! I can hardly wait!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I had to hide this, so I wouldn't look at the cover and be tempted to start reading it yet.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) How long is this book? Goodreads says that it is around 300 pages, but I heard that the e-book is A LOT longer. What do you guys think of this?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments My physical copy is 350 pages, and on Amazon, it says the Kindle edition is 352 pages.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Okay, I saw that someone was reading it and it showed their progress as *insert number here* out of something in the thousands. Thanks!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 24, 2015 06:26PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yes, you can buy the ebook that is all 3 books...so it's just over 1000 pages :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Are you guys going to be reading the ebook edition? I got the regular edition for Christmas, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get the ebook edition. What are you guys doing?

Read to the end of chapter 5...
(view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) End of chapter 15
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I have the paperback edition
there are 24 chapters, so I plan to come back every 6 :)
I'm starting!! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I also have the paperback edition and plan to start shortly, God willing! :o)

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 6 chapters

I remember not liking book 1 much

Daemon(view spoiler)

and I'm with Anna (view spoiler)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I finished the book, and I overall enjoyed it. I gave it four stars. Trisha, the book does pick up, it just takes a while.
(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ch. 6

Okay, Trisha, you know we disagreed about book 1 AND Daemon in book 1 and it looks like the "battle" continues. LOL I am not "with " you and Anna because (view spoiler)

While I don't like what (view spoiler)

I love Daemon and I love the snarky "Kitten" too. They are one of my all time favorite book couples!

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol! I'm so glad you are loving it Vicki!!

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments were your guys' chapters messed up too?
Mine went 7,8,9,10 then 8 again
then it skipped right to chapter 15

My books page numbers stop at page 140
go back to page 98 through to 140 AGAIN
and then it skips 140 straight to 189

UGH!! and this is a library book.....

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my gosh!!! How frustrating and awful!!!

I have the paperback & my book is perfect as far as I can tell. I know it doesn't skip any chapters and it does not appear to jump around on pages either. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with that, Trisha.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I don't think that my book was skipping chapters like that. You might want to tell someone at your library about that so they can make note of it. I'm so glad that you are liking the book Vicki!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Anna. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ch. 12

I loved reading about (view spoiler)

Ash (view spoiler)

Daemon (view spoiler)

I'm still enjoying hearing more from Daemon's POV. I think that reading it from his POV (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Ch. 6

Okay, Trisha, you know we disagreed about book 1 AND Daemon in book 1 and it looks like the "battle" continues. LOL I am not "with " you and Anna because [spoilers removed]

While I don't li..."

I agree with you. I think this is also one of my favorite couples.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay, Ashlyn!!! I'm glad you love them too! :)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I finished the book, and I overall enjoyed it. I gave it four stars. Trisha, the book does pick up, it just takes a while

I agree. (view spoiler)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I'm so glad you enjoyed it Ashlyn!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I loved it too, Ashlyn. :o)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm glad you loved it!