The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) The Return of the King discussion

favourite book to movie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dale Pearl Lord Of The Rings was an excellent film adaptation and I agree the Hobbit fell way short.
I would add Bladerunner as my personal favorite from book to movie. With the movie being insanely awesome and 100 times better than the book.

Ruby I really love the Lord of the Rings book to movie and the Harry Potter book to movies. But I think that Lord of the Rings stayed if not more true to the book than more consistent in theme and good acting. In Harry Potter it got suddenly dark on the last three, which jarred the mood of the series a lot (movie version).

hannah renee. Ruby wrote: "I really love the Lord of the Rings book to movie and the Harry Potter book to movies. But I think that Lord of the Rings stayed if not more true to the book than more consistent in theme and good ..."

YES. I totally agree. Specifically about the last three HP movies, but then everything else too. :) lol

hannah renee. Well, of course, Lord of the Rings (that's just a given). The Help was very true to it (as far as I could tell). And the Hunger Games stayed very true to the books. This last Mockingjay was dazzling. It really caught the essence of the book, even if they deviated a bit (but not really in the important stuff, though I wish they could've spent more time on Finnick and Annie's wedding. But that... is a more personal selfish wish).

hannah renee. Dan wrote: "Hannah Renee wrote: "Well, of course, Lord of the Rings (that's just a given). The Help was very true to it (as far as I could tell). And the Hunger Games stayed very true to the books. This last M..."

That often is everyone's favorite. I understand why, but it's not personally mine. It'll always be Mockingjay for me.

hannah renee. Dan wrote: "My only issue with book two was the ending. I felt it was a little abrupt. Overall the first book was the best but for some reason I liked book two more.

I would like to see a prequel about Haymi..."

Yes, that would be quite interesting. I do very much like his character and his backstory is fascinating. I would be nice to know more.

Mark LoTR is a gimme. I didn't like the HP movies though. Something about the way the world was rendered just didn't line up with what I had in my head. Too dark and ramshackled.

I can't believe no one has said Jurassic Park, which was a much better movie than book.
In keeping with a Michael Crichton theme, I'll also say Sphere.