Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Add series and genre

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Kopp | 13 comments For some reason, the add series link just takes me back to the main page instead of allowing me to create the series. Please create Unofficial Minecraft Early Reader Stories and put Steve Saves the Day: An Unofficial Minecraft Story For Early Readers by Anna Kopp into it. Also, if you could please add that same book to the Childrens and Young Readers genres. Thank you.

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea Anna wrote: "...Please create Unofficial Minecraft Early Reader Stories and put Steve Saves the..."

This does not sound like a GR defined series but rather a grouping of early readers.

From the librarian manual: "Imprints and other unrelated collections of works (usually by multiple authors) are not series. They can be grouped with a Listopia list, or the collection/imprint information can be listed in the edition field, but they should not be grouped into a series, or listed on a book's title line...To be a series, books should have characters and/or universes in common." No series created.

Genres are determined by reader shelving, not GR librarians.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Kopp | 13 comments The books have both characters and sequential events in common.

As far as genres, I did not know that, thank you.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea Series created here

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Kopp | 13 comments Thank you very much.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Book title/series info on title line edited to Goodreads standard format.