What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1)
This topic is about Terrier
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction- Girl has long hair and wears a hidden weapon (I think spikes) [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (_hc0328_) | 9 comments I am looking for a book that is about a girl who has long hair that she wears in a ponytail. She has a hidden spike chain (I think) in her hair in case people pull her hair. I think she is also part of a police group. There are also lots of similarities/comparisons to dogs and kennels in this book (I think).

Liralen | 709 comments Sounds like Terrier.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved since you're looking for a specific book.

Debbie (silentrequiem) | 87 comments Seconding Terrier.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Hillary, can you confirm that "Terrier" was your book?

If Hillary doesn't respond, can other members confirm the part about the hair/ponytail and the hidden spike chain? The reviews confirm the police group and the dogs/kennels.

Liralen | 709 comments If I remember, I can dig up a direct quote from Terrier next week when I'm back near my copy of the book.

message 7: by Liralen (last edited Nov 14, 2018 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liralen | 709 comments "I wear my hair long as my one vanity. I know it offers an opponent a grip, but I have learned to tight-braid it from the crown of my head. I also have a spiked strap to braid into it, so that any who seize my braid will regret it." (Terrier, p. 22)

(Edited for typo)

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Great! Thanks.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Terrier (other topics)