2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Erika's 2016 Corner

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (last edited Dec 14, 2016 05:27AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments This will be my third year participating in this group! I kind of slacked off the second half of 2015, but I'm excited to get back into it!

2016 READING GOALS:

01. Read 125 Books: 148/150
02. Read 40,000 Pages: 40776/40000 Complete!
03. Read all physical books that I already own so that I never own more than 10 unread physical books.
04. Review every book I read either on goodreads or my booktube channel: 58/148

BOOKS READ:
Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling The Slow Regard of Silent Things (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2.5) by Patrick Rothfuss The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman Sweet Tooth, Volume 2 In Captivity by Jeff Lemire A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams A Wild Swan And Other Tales by Michael Cunningham Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton Carmen by Prosper Mérimée A Guide to Being Born Stories by Ramona Ausubel Sweet Tooth, Volume 3 Animal Armies by Jeff Lemire The End of the Affair by Graham Greene The Trip to Echo Spring On Writers and Drinking by Olivia Laing Sweet Tooth, Volume 4 Endangered Species by Jeff Lemire Sweet Tooth, Volume 5 Unnatural Habitats by Jeff Lemire Sweet Tooth, Volume 6 Wild Game by Jeff Lemire Euphoria by Lily King Lumberjanes, Vol. 1 Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes #1-4) by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes, Vol. 2 Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber Locke & Key, Vol. 2 Head Games by Joe Hill Spinster Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Descender, Volume 1 Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Bitch Planet, Vol. 1 Extraordinary Machine by Kelly Sue DeConnick Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2 Fandemonium by Kieron Gillen Don’t Let Me Be Lonely An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente Preacher, Book 2 by Garth Ennis Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home (Fairyland, #5) by Catherynne M. Valente Ernest Hemingway The Last Interview and Other Conversations by Ernest Hemingway Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Binti (Binti, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Uprooted by Naomi Novik The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison Lit by Mary Karr The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison The Last Council (Amulet, #4) by Kazu Kibuishi Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5) by Kazu Kibuishi Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6) by Kazu Kibuishi Window Left Open Poems by Jennifer Grotz The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez The Lifted Veil by George Eliot CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders I Hate Fairyland, Volume 1 Madly Ever After by Skottie Young Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson Among Others by Jo Walton Barsk The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen New Selected Poems by Mark Strand The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë Arcadia by Iain Pears Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy A. Bastian Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke Firelight (Amulet, #7) by Kazu Kibuishi Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler Well-Read Women Portraits of Fiction's Most Beloved Heroines by Samantha Hahn Affinity by Sarah Waters Pretty Monsters Stories by Kelly Link All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders Descender, Volume 2 Machine Moon by Jeff Lemire Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee Changing My Mind Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley Tomboy by Liz Prince Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers Beauty by Kerascoët Ma Rainey's Black Bottom by August Wilson Persuasion by Jane Austen In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders Feminine Gospels Poems by Carol Ann Duffy Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by John Tiffany Multiple Choice by Alejandro Zambra Deathless (Leningrad Diptych, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente Panic Attack, USA by Nate Slawson The Mermaid Girl A Story by Erika Swyler Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood Snow White A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2) by N.K. Jemisin Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1 The Shrike by Kelly Sue DeConnick Pretty Deadly, Vol. 2 The Bear by Kelly Sue DeConnick In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton Avenue of Mysteries by John Irving Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1) by Robin Hobb The Golden Fool (Tawny Man, #2) by Robin Hobb Pepper Girl by Jonterri Gadson The Fire This Time A New Generation Speaks about Race by Jesmyn Ward Candide or, Optimism by Voltaire Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3) by Robin Hobb Forest Primeval Poems by Vievee Francis Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue Marbles Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me by Ellen Forney Irlanda by Espido Freire Dark Matter by Blake Crouch The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #3) by Tana French My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels #1) by Elena Ferrante Broken Harbour (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) by Tana French Saga, Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan Plutona by Jeff Lemire Dancer by Colum McCann Vampires in the Lemon Grove And Other Stories by Karen Russell Selected Verse by Federico García Lorca Something New Tales from a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley Year of Yes How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire The Wonder by Emma Donoghue The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad, #6) by Tana French The Soul of an Octopus A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery The Story of a New Name (The Neapolitan Novels #2) by Elena Ferrante Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling The Fly Trap by Fredrik Sjöberg No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July Matilda by Roald Dahl Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay (The Neapolitan Novels #3) by Elena Ferrante Bluets by Maggie Nelson Everything Is Teeth by Evie Wyld Nicotine by Nell Zink Ghettoside A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy Sister Outsider Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde

message 2: by Erika (last edited Sep 14, 2016 04:13PM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments UNREAD & OWNED

One of my goals this year is to read through the absurd amount of books that I own in physical form but haven't read yet (AKA: my "physical TBR"). I would like to get this stack down so I own no more than 10 unread books at any given time. These are the books that I currently own and haven't yet read (I'll be adding new purchases to this list as the year goes, so the number will fluctuate quite a bit, I expect):

Novels & Plays
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami Angel by Elizabeth Taylor The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James The Tortoise and the Hare by Elizabeth Jenkins A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride The Waves by Virginia Woolf Dance Dance Dance (The Rat, #4) by Haruki Murakami Manja by Anna Gmeyner The Dispossessed (Hainish Cycle, #5) by Ursula K. Le Guin Mansfield Park by Jane Austen Love and Freindship and Other Youthful Writings (Clothbound Classics) by Jane Austen How to be both by Ali Smith The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi The Life of Elves by Muriel Barbery My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels, #1) by Elena Ferrante The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami There But For The by Ali Smith The Vegetarian by Han Kang A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa Fences by August Wilson Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty by Ramona Ausubel Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons Parable of the Sower (Earthseed, #1) by Octavia E. Butler Dancer by Colum McCann The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw The Passion by Jeanette Winterson Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3) by Robin Hobb The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney Adult Onset by Ann-Marie MacDonald Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue The Revolutionaries Try Again by Mauro Javier Cardenas Bingo Under the Crucifix by Laurie Foos A Strange Commonplace by Gilbert Sorrentino The Exquisite by Laird Hunt Irlanda by Espido Freire A Long, Long Time Ago and Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka

Novellas/Short Stories/Short Fiction
The Short Novels of John Steinbeck by John Steinbeck Selected Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov The Last Animal by Abby Geni Runaway by Alice Munro Birds of America Stories by Lorrie Moore The People in the Castle Selected Strange Stories by Joan Aiken Little Labors by Rivka Galchen Vampires in the Lemon Grove And Other Stories by Karen Russell Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier Africa 39 by Ellah Wakatama Allfrey The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro Get in Trouble Stories by Kelly Link 100 Years of The Best American Short Stories by Heidi Pitlor No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro Alphabetique, or Tales of the Lives of the Letters by Molly Peacock Family Furnishings Selected Stories, 1995-2014 by Alice Munro Upright Beasts by Lincoln Michel Malafemmena by Louisa Ermelino An Elegy for Mathematics by Anne Valente

Poetry
Forest Primeval Poems by Vievee Francis Selected Verse Revised Bilingual Edition by Federico García Lorca Measure for Measure An Anthology of Poetic Meters by Annie Finch The Youngest Butcher in Illinois by Robert Ostrom If I Should Say I Have Hope by Lynn Melnick I Don't Mind If You're Feeling Alone by Thomas Patrick Levy Ariel by Sylvia Plath

Graphic Novels
Something New Tales from a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley Everything Is Teeth by Evie Wyld ODY-C, Vol. 2 Sons of the Wolf by Matt Fraction Pablo Art Masters Series by Julie Birmant Blankets by Craig Thompson

Non-Fiction
Mystery and Manners Occasional Prose by Flannery O'Connor Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf Spirals in Time The Secret Life and Curious Afterlife of Seashells by Helen Scales The Care and Feeding of an Independent Bookstore Three Instructive Essays by Ann Patchett The Soul of an Octopus A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery Bluets by Maggie Nelson Sister Outsider Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde Ghettoside A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy A Bestiary by Lily Hoang

TBR @ START OF 2016: 85
CURRENT PHYSICAL TBR: 65*

*does not include graphic novels

message 3: by Erika (last edited Dec 14, 2016 05:35AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments CHALLENGE PROGRESS

INCOMPLETE:
02. Every Year: 21/28
03. Listopia: 36/45
04. Recommended by Reading Challengers: 4/5
05. A to Z: Character Edition: 25/26
06. TBR Randomizer: 06/10
07. Book Riot Read Harder: 17/24
08. Fourth Quarter: It Was a Nominee: 1/2
09. Fourth Quarter: Race to the Finish: 2/5
10. December: Advent Calendar: 00/24

COMPLETE:
01. January: Marathon: 12/12 completed January 16
02. February: Re-Read Your Favorites: 2/2 completed February 24
03. March: #readwomen: 4/4 completed March 27
04. March: Courage: 3/3 completed March 27
05. April: Spring Cleaning for the Soul: 3/3 completed April 23
06. June: Someone Else's Shoes: 5/5 completed June 30
07. July: Fellowship of the Ring: 3/3 completed July 23
08. August: Your New Book Friend: 4/4 completed August 26
09. Third Quarter: Finish the Series: 3/3 completed September 20
10. Around the World in Books: 12/12 completed September 30
11. Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge: 12/12 completed November 12
12. Let's Turn Pages: 40260/40000 completed November 27
13. November: Marathon: 11/10 completed November 21
14. November: Wedding Day: 4/4 completed November 27

DID NOT COMPLETE:
01. Leap Year: Extra Day, Extra Reading: 0/1
02. February: Times Gone By: 2/3
03. First Quarter: Box Sets: 10/12
04. May: Marathon: 09/12
05. Second Quarter: Award Winning Books: 3/9
06. Second Quarter: Clear the Shelves: 23/40
07. Special 10,000 Challenge: 5/8
08. August: Recommendations: 3/4
09. Third Quarter: Chloe's 10: 03/10
10. October: Top 10 Candy: 5/6
11. October: Outside Your Comfort Zone: 3/5

message 4: by Erika (last edited Nov 29, 2016 06:45AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: AROUND THE WORLD IN BOOKS CHALLENGE
12/12 Complete September 30

South Africa: Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee June 27
Nigeria: Binti by Nnedi Okorafor March 16
Canada: Sweet Tooth, Vol. 2: In Captivity by Jeff Lemire January 9
Japan: Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami April 23
Ghana: Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi July 9
Australia: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff April 10
France: Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann January 16
Mexico: The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli April 23
United Kingdom: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling January 3
South Korea: The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang January 5
United States: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss January 5
Spain: Irlanda by Espido Freire September 30

message 5: by Erika (last edited Nov 12, 2016 08:50AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: EVERY YEAR CHALLENGE
21/28

1989: A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons
1990: The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman
1991: Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories by Sandra Cisneros
1992: South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami
1993: Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
1994: Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
1995: The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman January 7
1996: CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders April 23
1997: The Dumb House by John Burnside
1998: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
1999: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling January 15
2000: The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang January 5
2001: Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb September 5
2002: Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami April 23
2003: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling March 5
2004: Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine March 1
2005: No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July November 12
2006: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince March 10
2007: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling March 12
2008: Pretty Monsters: Stories by Kelly Link June 17
2009: Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill February 17
2010: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender February 6
2011: Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton
2012: Sweet Tooth, Vol. 4: Endangered Species by Jeff Lemire January 19
2013: A Guide to Being Born: Stories by Ramona Ausubel January 17
2014: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
2015: Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed
2016: The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home by Catherynne M. Valente March 9

message 6: by Erika (last edited Nov 29, 2016 06:26AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: LISTOPIA
36/45

Favorite Magical Realism Novels
✓ 01. Among Others by Jo Walton May 3
✓ 02. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender February 6
03. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
✓ 04. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami April 23
✓ 05. Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12

Hugo 2016 Eligible Works
✓ 01. The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin February 20
✓ 02. Bitch Planet, Vol 1: Extraordinary Machine by Kelly Sue DeConnick February 23
✓ 03. The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium by Kieron Gillen March 1
✓ 04. Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente March 2
✓ 05. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab February 23

Badass Short Story Collections
✓ 01. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July November 12
✓ 02. Vampires in the Lemon Grove: And Other Stories by Karen Russell October 22
✓ 03. In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders July 23
✓ 04. CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders April 23
✓ 05. A Guide to Being Born: Stories by Ramona Ausubel January 17

Best Graphic Novels
01. Blankets by Craig Thompson
✓ 02. Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson January 31
✓ 03. Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson January 31
✓ 04. Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
✓ 05. Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill February 17
✓ 06. Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me by Ellen Forney September 26
✓ 07. Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton January 17
✓ 08. Beauty by Kerascoët & Hubert July 18
✓ 09. Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann January 16
✓ 10. Tomboy: A Graphic Memoir by Liz Prince July 4
✓ 11. Giant Days, Vol. 1 by John Allison April 13
✓ 12. Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1: The Shrike by Kelly Sue DeConnick August 22
✓ 13. Descender, Volume 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire February 21
✓ 14. Snow White: A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan August 17
✓ 15. Preacher, Book 2 by Garth Ennis March 4

Books Everyone Should Read Once
✓ 01. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling January 15
✓ 02. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling February 9
03. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
✓ 04. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman January 7
✓ 05. Candide: or, Optimism by Voltaire September 14
✓ 06. Matilda by Roald Dahl November 14
07. The Velveteen Rabbitby Margery Williams
✓ 08. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett January 16
✓ 09. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie August 10
✓ 10. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison March 24

message 7: by Erika (last edited Nov 29, 2016 06:49AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: RECOMMENDED BY READING CHALLENGERS
4/5

✓ 01. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente August 1
✓ 02. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman January 7
✓ 03. Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente April 11
✓ 04. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett January 17
05. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

message 8: by Erika (last edited Nov 29, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: THE A TO Z CHALLENGE: CHARACTER EDITION
25/26

Auri (The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss) January 5
Bea (The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber) February 17
Crewe, Sara (A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett]) January 16
Damaya (The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin) February 20
Edelstein, Rose (The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender) February 6
Finnigan, Seamus (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling) January 3
Gus (Sweet Tooth, Vol. 2: In Captivity by Jeff Lemire) January 9
Hawthorn (The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home by Catherynne M. Valente) March 9
Iorek Byrnison (The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman) January 7
Jesse Custer (Preacher, Book 2 by Garth Ennis) March 4
Kowalski, Stanley (A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams) January 10
Lila Bard (A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab) February 23
Maurice (The End of the Affair by Graham Greene) January 17
Nellie (Euphoria by Lily King) January 28
Okwu (Binti by Nnedi Okorafor) March 16
Pecola Breedlove (The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison) March 24
Queen, The (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll) February 24
Rose Edelstein (The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender) February 6
Sprout (The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang) January 5
Tim-21 (Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire) February 21
Unger, John T. (The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald) January 16
Viy (Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente) August 1
Weasley, Ginny (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling) March 5
Xenophilius Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling) March 12
Yuki (Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami)
Zelda Fair (Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente) March 2

message 9: by Erika (last edited Dec 14, 2016 05:28AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: TBR RANDOMIZER
06/10

✓ 01. Among Others by Jo Walton May 3
✓ 02. The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber February 17
03. Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia by Samuel Johnson
04. A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons
05. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
06. The Beach of Falesá by Robert Louis Stevenson
✓ 07. Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney January 16
✓ 08. Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde December 13
✓ 09. New Selected Poems by Mark Strand May 17
✓ 10. Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith June 28

message 10: by Erika (last edited Nov 12, 2016 08:52AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: BOOK RIOT'S READ HARDER CHALLENGE
17/24

✓ 01. Read horror book
Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games February 17
✓ 02. Read a nonfiction book about science
The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery November 4
✓ 03. Read a collection of essays
Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith June 28
✓ 04. Read a book out loud to someone else
Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney (which I will be reading out loud to myself, because I don't have anyone else I can read out loud to) January 16
✓ 05. Read a middle grade novel
The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home by Catherynne M. Valente March 9
06. Read a biography

07. Read a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel
The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
✓ 08. Read a book originally published in the decade you were born
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom by August Wilson July 19
✓ 09. Audiobook that has won an Audie Award
The End of the Affair by Graham Greene January 17
✓ 10. Book over 500 pages
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling March 12
✓ 11. Book under 100 pages
The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald (80 pages) January 16
✓ 12. Book by or about a person that identifies as transgender
The Argonauts March 27
13. Book set in the Middle East
A Strangeness in My Mind by Orhan Pamuk
14. Book by an author from Southeast Asia
Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
✓ 15. Historical fiction set before 1900
Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12
✓ 16. First book in a series by a person of color
The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin February 20
✓ 17. Non-superhero comic that debuted in the last three years
Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire February 21
18. Book that was adapted into a movie, then watch the movie. Debate which is better.
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
✓ 19. Nonfiction book about feminism or dealing with feminist themes
Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick February 17
✓ 20. Book about religion (fiction or nonfiction)
The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber February 17
21. Book about politics in your country or another (fiction or nonfiction)
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
22. Food memoir
Love, Loss, and What We Ate: A Memoir by Padma Lakshmi
✓ 23. A play
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams January 10
✓ 24. Book with a main character that has a mental illness.
Lit by Mary Karr March 25

message 11: by Erika (last edited Nov 12, 2016 08:54AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments YEARLY CHALLENGE: SURPRISE CHALLENGE!
12/12 Complete

✓ 01. A Book Published this Year
The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home by Catherynne M. Valente March 9
✓ 02. A Book You Can Finish in One Day
The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang January 5
✓ 03. A Book You Have Been Meaning to Read
Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami April 23
✓ 04. A Book Recommended by Your Local Librarian or Bookseller
No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July November 12
✓ 05. A Book You Should Have Read in School
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams January 10
✓ 06. A Book Chosen For You by Your Spouse, Partner, Sibling, Child, or BFF
Avenue of Mysteries by John Irving August 30
✓ 07. A Book Published Before You Were Born
The Lifted Veil by George Eliot April 23
✓ 08. A Book That Was Banned at Some Point
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison March 24
✓ 09. A Book You Previously Abandoned
Vampires in the Lemon Grove: And Other Stories by Karen Russell October 22
✓ 10. A Book You Own but Have Never Read
CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders April 23<
✓ 11. A Book the Intimidates You
Selected Verse: Revised Bilingual Edition by Federico Garcia Lorca October 23
✓ 12. A Book You Have Read at Least Once
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling January 15

message 12: by Erika (last edited Oct 23, 2016 07:48AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments READATHONS IN 2016

January 4-10
Bout of Books 15.0
#boutofbooks

Goal: Read 7 books
Books Read:
The Slow Regard of Silent Things (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2.5) by Patrick Rothfuss The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman Sweet Tooth, Vol. 2 In Captivity by Jeff Lemire A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

January 16-17
24in48 Readathon
#24in48

Goal: Read for 24 hours during a 48 hour period
Hours Read: 18
Books Read:
The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton Carmen by Prosper Mérimée A Guide to Being Born Stories by Ramona Ausubel Sweet Tooth, Vol. 3 Animal Armies by Jeff Lemire The End of the Affair by Graham Greene

February 27 - March 4
Underhyped Reads Readathon
#UnderhypedReads
Goal:
Read as many books that are "underhyped" (<2,000 GR ratings) as possible in one week.
Books Read:
Don’t Let Me Be Lonely An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente Preacher, Book 2 by Garth Ennis

April 10-17
#Genrethon

Goal: Read at least 3 books from 3 different genres
Books Read:
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente Giant Days, Vol. 1 by John Allison

April 23
Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon
#readathon

Hours Read: 16
Books Read:
Amulet, Vol. 4 The Last Council (Amulet, #4) by Kazu Kibuishi Amulet, Vol. 5 Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5) by Kazu Kibuishi Amulet, Vol. 6 Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6) by Kazu Kibuishi Window Left Open Poems by Jennifer Grotz The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez The Lifted Veil by George Eliot CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders I Hate Fairyland, Volume 1 Madly Ever After by Skottie Young Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson

July 18-24
#BookTubeAThon
Goal:
Read 7 Books
Books Read
Beauty by Kerascoët Ma Rainey's Black Bottom by August Wilson Persuasion by Jane Austen In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders Feminine Gospels Poems by Carol Ann Duffy Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley

July 23-24
24in48 Hour Readthon
#24in48

Goal: Read for 12 hours.
Hours Read: 3
Books Read
In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders Feminine Gospels Poems by Carol Ann Duffy Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley

October 22-23
Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon
#readathon
Hours Read: 18.5
Books Read:
Saga, Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan Plutona by Jeff Lemire Dancer by Colum McCann Vampires in the Lemon Grove And Other Stories by Karen Russell Selected Verse Revised Bilingual Edition by Federico García Lorca Something New Tales from a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley Year of Yes How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes

message 13: by Erika (last edited Mar 27, 2016 09:12PM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments FIRST QUARTER

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE: BOX SETS
10/12

Things with Wings
✓ 01. A Wild Swan: And Other Tales by Michael Cunningham January 12
02. Birds of America: Stories by Lorrie Moore
✓ 03. The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang January 5

Creepy Graphic Novels
✓ 01. Preacher, Book 2 by Garth Ennis March 4
✓ 02. Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill February 17
✓ 03. Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann January 16

Written in Verse
✓ 01. Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney January 16
✓ 02. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine March 1
03. Selected Verse: Revised Bilingual Edition by Federico Garcia Lorca

Favorite Authors Revisited
✓ 01. Ernest Hemingway: The Last Interview: and Other Conversations by Ernest Hemingway March 9
✓ 02. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison March 24
✓ 03. Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente March 2

JANUARY

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: MARATHON
12/12

01. Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed January 2
02. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling January 3
03. The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss January 5
04. The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang January 5
05. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman January 7
06. Sweet Tooth, Vol. 2: In Captivity by Jeff Lemire January 9
07. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams January 10
08. A Wild Swan: And Other Tales by Michael Cunningham January 12
09. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K Rowling January 15
10. The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald January 16
11. Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann January 16
12. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett January 16

FEBRUARY

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: RE-READ YOUR FAVORITES
2/2

✓ 01. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling February 9
✓ 02. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll February 24

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: TIMES GONE BY
2/3

✓ 01. Read a book that takes place during rise of colonization around the world.
about 1500 A.D. to 1900 A.D.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll February 24

02. Read a book that takes place during the times of the World Wars.
1914 to 1945
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (1941)

✓ 03. Read a book takes place during the time of the Cold War until the turn of the century.
1945 to 2000
The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi Durrow February 11

LEAP DAY CHALLENGE: Extra Day Extra Reading
0/1

Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine

MARCH

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: #readwomen
4/4

✓ 2. Read a book new to you by an author you have previously read.
Speak Easy by Catherynne M Valente March 2

✓ 5. Read a book by an author that is not White.
Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine March 1

✓ 10. Read a book about an LGBTQIA issue.
The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson March 27

✓ 11. Read a book sci-fi/ fantasy book.
Uprooted by Naomi Novik March 23

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: COURAGE
3/3

✓ 01. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison March 24
✓ 02. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine March 1
✓ 03. The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson March 27

message 14: by Erika (last edited Jul 01, 2016 06:15AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments SECOND QUARTER

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE: AWARD WINNING BOOKS
3/9

01. The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi (2010 Hugo & Nebula Awards)
02. Runaway by Alice Munro (2004 Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize)
03. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (2006 World Fantasy Award for Best Novel)
04. How to be both by Ali Smith (2015 Women's Prize for Fiction)
05. A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride (2014 Women's Prize for Fiction)
✓ 06. Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee (1999 Man Booker Prize) June 27
07. The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin (1975 Hugo, Nebula & Locus Awards)
✓ 08. Among Others by Jo Walton (2011 Hugo & Nebula Awards) May 3
✓ 09. Affinity by Sarah Waters (2001 Stonewall Book Award) June 12

SECOND QUARTER CLEAR THE SHELVES
23/40

✓ 01. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney April 2
02. Runaway by Alice Munro
03. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
04. How to be both by Ali Smith
05. A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride
✓ 06. Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee June 27
07. The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
✓ 08. Among Others by Jo Walton May 3
✓ 09. Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12
10. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
✓ 11. Letters to a Young Poet by Ranier Maria Rilke May 19
✓ 12. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman April 10
✓ 13. Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente April 11
✓ 14. Window Left Open: Poems by Jennifer Grotz April 23
✓ 15. CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders April 23
16. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
✓ 17. The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez April 23
✓ 18. The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli April 23
✓ 19. Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen May 17
✓ 20. All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders June 21
✓ 21. Arcadia by Iain Pears May 25
22. The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
23. Vampires in the Lemon Grove: And Other Stories by Karen Russell
24. A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons
25. Alphabetique, or Tales of the Lives of the Letters by Molly Peacock
✓ 26. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami April 23
27. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
28. Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
✓ 29. New Selected Poems by Mark Strand May 17
30. Angel by Elizabeth Taylor
✓ 31. The Lifted Veil by George Eliot April 23
32. Birds of America: Stories by Lorrie Moore
33. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
34. Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose by Flannery O'Connor
✓ 35. The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley June 30
✓ 36. Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson June 6
✓ 37. Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith June 28
✓ 38. Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler June 10
✓ 39. Pretty Monsters: Stories by Kelly Link June 17
✓ 40. Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12

APRIL

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: SPRING CLEANING FOR THE SOUL
3/3

✓ 01. CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders April 23
✓ 02. Window Left Open: Poems by Jennifer Grotz April 23
✓ 03. Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente April 11

MAY

09/12

01. Among Others by Jo Walton May 3
02. Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen May 17
03. New Selected Poems by Mark Strand May 17
04. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte May 24
05. Arcadia by Iain Pears May 25
06. Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy A Bastian May 26
07. Giant Days, Vol. 2 by John Allison May 27
08. Letters to a Young Poet by Ranier Maria Rilke May 29
09. Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi May 31

SPECIAL 10,000 CHALLENGE
5/8

✓ 1. Home, 10,000 members...read a book that has more than 10,000 ratings on Goodreads.
Among Others by Jo Walton May 3

2. Math: 100 x 100 = 10,000. So for this one, read a book that has 100 in the title or has 100 or so pages.
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

✓ 3. Some more Math: A myriagon is a polygon with 10,000 sides. Sci-fi and fantasy novels often also have a lot of sides. So for this one, read a book that falls into the science fiction or fantasy genres.
Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen May 17

✓ 5. World Geography: There is no €10,000 note, but if there was, it would have some beautiful European architecture on it. So for this one, read a book that takes place in Europe or is about an amazing piece of architecture.
Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12

✓ 7. Biology: There are about 10,000 species of birds. Read a book with bird (or a type of bird) in the title or a book with a bird on the cover.
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders June 21

8. Language Arts: Imagine you could read 10,000 books. That was your job. You could read whatever you wanted, where would you start? Read the book you would start with if you could have the job of reading 10,000 books.
Alphabetique, or Tales of the Lives of the Letters by Molly Peacock

9. Technology: It is believed that storytelling is a 10,000 year old technology dating back to our earliest civilizations. Read a book that is based on a myth or about a culture before the common era.
Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente

✓ 10. Extra Curricular: It takes approximately 10,000 hours to become an expert at something. Read a book, fiction or nonfiction, that has to do with the activity you would love to become an expert at.
Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith June 28 (about writing and literary criticism)

JUNE

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOES
5/5 Challenge Complete

✓ 01. Affinity by Sarah Waters June 12
✓ 02. Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays by Zadie Smith June 28
✓ 03. The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley June 30
✓ 04. Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee June 27
✓ 05. Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeannette Winterson June 6

message 15: by Erika (last edited Oct 04, 2016 11:11AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments THIRD QUARTER

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE: FINISH THE SERIES
3/3 Completed September 20

✓ 01. Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb (Tawny Man Trilogy #1) September 5
✓ 02. The Golden Fool by Robin Hobb (Tawny Man Trilogy #2) September 12
✓ 03. Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb (Tawny Man Trilogy #3) September 20

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE: CHLOE'S 10 CHALLENGE
04/10

Ascending
01. Sort by Title and read the 10th book down on your list.
The Beach of Falesá by Robert Louis Stevenson
02. Sort by Author and read the 10th book down on your list.
Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
03. Sort by Number of pages and read the 10th book down on your list.
The Man that Corrupted Hadleyburg by Mark Twain
✓ 04. Sort by Date Added and read the 10th book down on your list.
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley July 23
✓ 05. Sort by Random and read the 10th book down on your list.
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi July 8

Descending
06.Sort by Title and read the 10th book down on your list
Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro
07. Sort by Author and read the 10th book down on your list.
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe
✓ 08. Sort by Average rating and read the 10th book down on your list.
Panic Attack, USA by Nate Slawson August 1
✓ 09. Sort by Date Added and read the 10th book down on your list.
The Mermaid Girl by Erika Swyler August 3
10. Sort by Random and read the 10th book down on your list.
Daphnis and Chloe by Longus

JULY

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
3/3 Challenge Completed

Frodo Baggins is the ringbearer. Read a book where the main character carries on a family tradition or where the main character struggles against a great evil.
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi July 9

Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck loves boats, maps, and exploration. Read a book where the main character is anxious to go on an adventure or where they regularly use a nickname.
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers July 17

Legolas Greenleaf is an elf and a very sharp-sighted archer. His name "Legolas" literally means Greenleaf. Read a book where the main character is very skilled or where the main character has a name with a literal meaning.
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley July 23

AUGUST

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: YOUR NEW BOOK FRIEND
4/4 Challenge Complete

✓ 1. Good friends speak a special dialect that is only understood between themselves...so do book lovers! We all have that special genre that creates that special speech pattern that only other lovers of that genre can understand. Choose a book from your favorite genre and see who else in the group loves that genre too.
The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin August 19

✓ 2. Good friends can call each other at anytime of the day or the night...just the same way a good book is. Re-read one of your favorite books that is always on your shelf ready to read and see who loves the same book.
Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie August 10

✓ 4. Good friends share the same guilty pleasures...just like there are some books you can't help reading. Find a book you are reading just for the fun of it, and not because it is a great literary masterpiece, and see who shares your guilty pleasure.
The Mermaid Girl by Erika Swyler August 3

✓ 6. Good friends are also friends with all the other people close in your life...just the same way we do when we love a book, we read everything written by the same author. Read a book written by a favorite author and see who else loves that same author.
Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente August 1

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: RECOMMENDATIONS
3/4

✓ 01. Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton August 30
✓ 02. In the Woods by Tana French August 26
✓ 03. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente August 1
04. Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde

message 16: by Erika (last edited Nov 29, 2016 07:18AM) (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments FOURTH QUARTER

FOURTH QUARTER CHALLENGE: RACE TO THE FINISH
3/5

✓ 01. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante (completes Around the World in Books Challenge) October 16
02. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (completes Recommended by Reading Challengers Challenge)
✓ 03. Vampires in the Lemon Grove: And Other Stories by Karen Russell (Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge) October 22
✓ 04. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July (Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge) November 12
05. Book with a character's name beginning with Y for A to Z Character Edition Challenge

FOURTH QUARTER CHALLENGE: IT WAS A NOMINEE
1/2

01. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
✓ 02. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante October 16

OCTOBER

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
3/5

01. The Fly Trap by Fredrik Sjöberg
✓ 02. Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rimes October 23
03. A Bestiary by Lily Hoang
✓ 04. The Likeness by Tana French October 10
✓ 05. Selected Verse: Revised Bilingual Edition by Federico Garcia Lorca October 23

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: TOP 10 CANDY
5/6

✓ 3. Snickers - nougat, caramel, and peanuts coated with chocolate gives this candy bar a funny name. Read a humorous book sure to make you laugh.
Something New: Tales from a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley October 23

4. Hershey’s Chocolate Bar - the classic milk chocolate bar. Read a classic novel that is sure to delight you.
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw

✓ 6. Twix - butter cookie, caramel, and coated with chocolate that also comes in many different versions and is popular all around the world. Read a book that is so popular it has been translated into many different languages.
My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante October 16

✓ 7. 3 Musketeers - a fluffy nougat filled chocolate bar that can have so many different flavors. Read a book of short stories filled with many different plot lines.
Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell October 22

✓ 9. Milky Way - chocolate malt nougat topped with caramel makes this candy bar out of this world. Read a book that is about outer space and traveling through the stars.
Saga, Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples October 22

✓ 10. Almond Joy - coconut based center topped with an almond or two coated in dark chocolate and it’s mysterious how it all works but it does. Read a book mystery made up different parts that make a satisfying whole.
Broken Harbor by Tana French October 18

NOVEMBER

11/10 Challenge Complete

01. The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery November 4
02. The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante November 6
03. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling November 9
04. The Fly Trap by Fredrik Sjoberg November 11
05. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July November 12
06. Matilda by Roald Dahl November 14
07. Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor November 15
08. Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay by Elena Ferrante November 18
09. Bluets by Maggie Nelson November 20
10. Everything Is Teeth by Evie Wyld November 21
11. Nicotine by Nell Zink November 27

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: WEDDING DAY
4/4 Challenge Complete

✓ 2. “Something New” Read a book recently published or a book you just added to your bookshelf
Nicotine by Nell Zink November 27

✓ 4. “Something Blue” Read a book with a blue cover or the word blue in the title.
Bluets by Maggie Nelson November 20

✓ 5. "Live every moment" Read a book where someone goes on a great life changing adventure.
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor November 15

✓ 7. "Love beyond words" Read a book that has a romantic story inside it.
Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay by Elena Ferrante November 10

DECEMBER

MONTHLY CHALLENGE: ADVENT CALENDAR
00/24

message 17: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikarae) | 708 comments reserved