City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones question

Has anyone else read this series?! It was surprisingly entertaining.
Jonathan Olsen Jonathan Dec 01, 2015 06:00PM
I just finished reading this series and was amazed at how much i was sucked into the world immediately. I think i am a little late to the party and have missed all the current discussion about these books but let me know if you have read these and if not read them and lets TALK!!!

I have read this series at least 4 times. I re-read it everytime a new book came out. lol

I loved this series. Jace is one of my "book boyfriends." This series has actually been made into a tv series that premieres Jan 12, 2016. I think it's on ABC family but not entirely certain.
If you enjoyed this series you may want to try The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins and the Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick.

THIS SERIES IS AMAZING!!!
Personally Magnus is my favourite character. I feel that Clary should have been a bit more confident in some parts, and also that Sebastian could have been introduced in a different way, but..
I WILL RE-READ THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS UNTIL I DIE

TMI and TID are my two favorite series!!! IF you loved this book then you should definitely read Infernal Devices! The characters are way better and the love triangle is on point. and someone else mentioned it but the tv show is starting in a few weeks which is really exciting!!!!!!!

I found the first book to be interesting but after that I grew to hate it. I will leave my reasons to myself since the last time I went into a full disclosure it turned into 100 of commenters rising to the writers defense.

I have read the first book just a couple of weeks ago and -I know it may sounds weird but- I can't really say if I liked it or not. Sure thing I was sucked into it almost immediately, like you said Jonathan. I believe I will re-read it because I feel the series is worth the struggle :)

I've read the series but it's not one of my favorites.
City of Bones was good
City of Ashes was really good
City of Glass was really good
City of Fallen Angels was boring
City of Lost Souls was pretty good
City of Heavenly Fire was amazing

Loved books 1-3! Scared to continue on to the next 3 because of mixed reviews. Many said to stop at the third book because the others are unnecessary except for maybe the last book. Any thoughts? Will probably read it eventually, just don't want to be disappointed. I agree Jonathan how you just get sucked in ...the characters, the story...yes!

F 25x33
Hayley Steel Don't stop reading ...more
Dec 06, 2015 12:12PM · flag

I love that series it makes me so happy

I loved this series! I found myself ending up reading anything and everything that Cassandra Clare has published. I bought this book for my teenage daughter after watching the movie and ended up getting completely sucked in to the series. And Kate if you have made it as far as the 3rd book you have to keep going, I totally disagree that the other books are unnecessary or that you will be disappointed!

The series was excellent and thats all I have to say, I am going to be re-reading them soon

love this series fave series