Blogger Lift discussion

Interviews and Guest Posts > Calling all authors of Christmas books!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 20 comments Hello everyone! In the holiday spirit, I have decided to post a review about a different Christmas Or other holiday book each day. If any authors have written a holiday book (Christmas, Hanukkah...), I would love to hear about them to blog about them! There are only 24 spots left so post quickly :)

message 2: by Dawn (last edited Dec 01, 2015 05:28PM) (new)

Dawn Prough (deprough) I'd love if you could review my PNR called The Yule Miracle.

The Yule Miracle

The blurb: All Royce wants is to be left alone after being exiled from his family and community. He’s built a small house for himself in the wilderness of Alaska, where he doesn’t have to remember his past. He’s mostly succeeded, but the memory of his younger brother’s body haunts him. When he rescues a woman who needs to get to her dying brother for Christmas, those memories propel him to help her, even at the cost of his secrets.

Royce tells Nahla not to trust him but he’s saved her life once and is getting her to her brother’s hospital. She can’t help but be drawn to him, especially when she learns what he can shift into a bear. The more he tells her, the more she wants to know. But when she makes a fateful choice, the price for getting to her holiday miracle might be too high.

The Yule Miracle is a 21,000 word novella, and is the second story in the Accords Series. It's due out 12/4!

message 3: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 20 comments It sounds very interesting! Before I make any decisions, I would like to know what you think the age level and reading level is. My blog is mostly about YA and MG reads, but I would be willing to make an exception :)

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Prough (deprough) It'd be suitable for teens, in my opinion. Some cussing but no sexual situations or crazy heat stuff. Moderate but not graphic violence. On the Sweet / Spicy scale, this is sweet.

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 20 comments Wonderful! I will feature that book today :)

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Nickerson Hi Madeline,
My novel, Thirty Days to Glory, has a Christmas background.Although it is marketed as Women's Fiction, YA readers are enjoying it. I'm actually speaking to a high school class this week who read it as their December assignment.

Blurb:Catherine Benson longs to do One Great Thing before she dies and Elmer Grigsby hopes to stay seriously drunk until he slips out of the world unnoticed. When their destinies intersect one Tuesday in December, they both discover it is only Thirty Days to Glory.
Against a Christmas backdrop, Catherine searches for purpose while fighting the infirmities of age and the best intentions of her children. She gains support in the battle from her faithful housekeeper and her quirky friends known as the Glory Circle Sisters.
Elmer isn’t supported by anyone, except maybe his cat. When he opens the last whiskey bottle of the month, he knows it is time to shuffle down to the post office and pick up his government check. Somewhere in his fog, Elmer knows he was once a better man. That is why he stays in the fog.

message 7: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 20 comments That sounds great Kathy! I will post it right now :)

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Nickerson Thanks, Madeline!

message 9: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 20 comments No problem!