2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > A book written by a celebrity

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
So many possibilities! Fiction? Memoir? What type of celeb? This is one I'm looking forward to although I haven't decided what I'll choose.

message 2: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments This wasn't actually in my original list, but I think I will do this prompt. I've noticed my local library has Yes, My Accent is Real: A Memoir I'm a fan of The Big Bang Theory and I think this will be a more light hearted read compared to some others I will be doing this challenge.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I'm curious about that book by Kunal Charline. I hope you post what you thought and whether you recommend it or not.

I downloaded a few books on my Kobo last night and one of them was "One More Thing. Stories and other Stories" by B.J. Novak. I loved the Office and he was one of the main writers and stars of that show. Also a friend recommended this book to me and said it was quite funny.

message 4: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments Yes, I'll definitely report back.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments I'm either going to read Carrie and Me: A Mother-Daughter Love Story by Carol Burnett or Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham. She was Loreli on The Gilmore Girls or you might know her from the show Parenthood.

message 6: by Tara (new)

I've been looking into books by celebs that aren't memoirs or autobiographies (since there are several of those categories in the 2016 popsugar challenge; autobiography, political memoir, this one and written by a comedian) and came across this

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Fic...

I'm interested in Steve Martin's which could fit the comedian category too :)

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I actually quite enjoyed Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography, it's good for a laugh and written like those choose your own adventure books you read as a kid.

I finished this prompt with One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories and thought it was just ok. It was very random and I probably enjoyed less than half of the stories that he wrote but did think he wrote them all quite well.

Thanks for the link Tara. Let us know what you think of the Steve Martin book if you read it, sounds interesting :)

message 8: by Tara (new)

I just finished troublemaker by Leah remini and I really enjoyed it!

message 9: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I finally got round to reading Yes, My Accent Is Real: and Some Other Things I Haven't Told You for this prompt. And as you would expect it is funny and I learnt a lot of things I didn't already know about Kunal Nayyar. It's not a conventional autobiography, there were no photos etc, as he says himself at the beginning of the book it is more a bunch of essays about important times/events that have happened so far.

I enjoyed it and would give it 4 stars.