The YA and Middle Grade Fiction Group discussion

Book of The Month! > December 2015: Finding Audrey

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (last edited Dec 01, 2015 04:54PM) (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 214 comments Mod
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
I am excited to announce that Finding Audrey is our new Book of the Month! I loved this read, and hope you all can share my joy. I personally found this book very touching, and I can relate to Audrey myself. I was also wondering what you all thought about her mom, and her Mom's concern with Frank's computer addiction. I thought that even though she took it to extreme measures, she was completely correct. Kids are too attached to their electronics!

message 2: by Madeline (new)

If any of you have read it, what did you think? I really want to know your opinion about Linus.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen Garrett | 100 comments I got it from the library, and it disappeared! LOL, I found it in my daughter's bed. Guess who was reading it?

message 4: by Madeline (new)

I wonder who.........:)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Garrett | 100 comments So, my daughter stopped reading after the first chapter because "too much swearing." She considers the first word of the book a swear word. Since she's 8, I'm encouraging this kind of thinking. :)

Even I couldn't finish the book, unfortunately. I loved the characters, and was hooked on the story, but Frank got on my nerves, and eventually he was the reason I put the book down. He may be clever and smart, and have great reflexes, but his vocabulary is severely limited. If that's what gaming does to a kid, I'm with Audrey's Mom (although I wouldn't be so extreme about it). Why couldn't he have stayed at "frigging"?

So I don't know exactly what happened to Audrey, or whether she eventually comes out of her shell. I don't know whether Linus ever realizes Audrey has a crush on him or if he's ever allowed to visit long enough to be interviewed. But I'll never finish the book, so Spoilers Welcome! :)

As far as I read into the book, I liked Linus. He seemed to be getting farther with Audrey than anyone else... her therapist included.

The YA and Middle Grade Fiction Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Finding Audrey (other topics)